Revell A320 Neo & A321 Neo

MadRicky

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  If you take a look at The Rumourmonger thread here Revell 2017, the news release in German says that, while both are new kits with new engines and sharklets, the A320neo at skill level 3 will be a 'display only kit with no undercarriage' - the A321neo is skill level 4 including undercarriage.  I only hope that for the A320neo somebody will produce an aftermarket landing gear conversion. 

I don't build airliner models with dropped flaps or other pointless gimmicks so the Zvezda A320 is not on my shopping list.  I'll probably add a few current Revell A320s to my stash just in case

6 hours ago, Timo said:

I wouldn't get too excited yet.  If you take a look at The Rumourmonger thread here Revell 2017, the news release in German says that, while both are new kits with new engines and sharklets, the A320neo at skill level 3 will be a 'display only kit with no undercarriage' - the A321neo is skill level 4 including undercarriage.  I only hope that for the A320neo somebody will produce an aftermarket landing gear conversion. 

Hmm I'm finding that a little hard to believe considering it will probably share sprues with the A321 kit. Also, the current A320 kits are all skill level 3 kits anyway.

15 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I don't build airliner models with dropped flaps or other pointless gimmicks so the Zvezda A320 is not on my shopping list.  I'll probably add a few current Revell A320s to my stash just in case

Its not mandatory to drop the flaps,but if Zveda do produce a NEO sometime and its the only game in town, why not build it? I hear thet its a good kit.

1 hour ago, Britman said:

Its not mandatory to drop the flaps,but if Zveda do produce a NEO sometime and its the only game in town, why not build it? I hear thet its a good kit.

Nothing is "mandatory" in modelling but that's not the point. I'm talking about the current Zvezda A320/1 and not some hypothetical Neo which they may or may not produce.

The Zvezda A320 comes with separate flaps and slats and is designed to be built with them dropped. Their IL-62M is the same.  I prefer to build my airliners in "gate" condition, i.e. with everything retracted, and the design of the Zvezda kits makes this very difficult. I speak from direct and expensive experience.  The current Revell A320 has no such complications and is significantly cheaper than the Zvezda kit. My concern is that with their Neo coming out Revell will discontinue their current A320 meaning that if I want a standard A320 I will have to buy the more expensive Zvezda kit which has gimmicks that I don't want and which only serve to make it difficult to build.  The Ethiad, Lufthansa and Air Berlin versions of the A320 are still listed in the current Revell catalogue and I'm crossing my fingers that at least one of them will remain in production.

I meant not to offend, you obviously have the "bounce " on me as regards the Zvezda kit. We all know the dangers of hyperthetics on this site and others,but I was only trying to suggest that maybe someone else will come to our rescue. Personally, I would love for Airfix to reprise their Sky King series with up to date new kits. Who knows, we may see some nice aftermarket engines come available and thus use the kit of our choice. 

You certainly didn't offend me but it did seem that we were at cross purposes :)

I think the chances of Airfix doing anything new in the airliner field are pretty remote but we can always hope!

• Like 1

Wasn't there a thread on this forum where a member reported on a brief given by Airfix at a club night (possibly) during which it was stated they had absolutely no intentions/ plans/ thoughts/ desires to produce any more airliners?

From their constant stream of heavily WW2 influenced releases, I'm inclined to agree. 

Jeff 

On 2.1.2017 at 19:02, wanthony said:

Hmm I'm finding that a little hard to believe considering it will probably share sprues with the A321 kit. Also, the current A320 kits are all skill level 3 kits anyway.

Unfortunately I have to say: YES, the level 3 Airbus will definitely be WITHOUT any u/c whatsoever! I asked twice after the announcement by the development dept. and did get the answer: "NO u/c! It is meant as a display model and is aimed mainly to the "occasional modeller" for whom (thinks Revell!) an u/c in 144th scale will be too complicated!

:unsure:

3 hours ago, Der Lingener said:

Unfortunately I have to say: YES, the level 3 Airbus will definitely be WITHOUT any u/c whatsoever! I asked twice after the announcement by the development dept. and did get the answer: "NO u/c! It is meant as a display model and is aimed mainly to the "occasional modeller" for whom (thinks Revell!) an u/c in 144th scale will be too complicated!

:unsure:

No kidding...as if optional landing gear wasn't a thing. Oh well :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

If Level 3 is just because of missing landing gears.... what's so different from the Revell 03968 Etihad A320 .....? It's Level 3 too...and with landing gears too...

Revell 03968 Instructions

( don't ask me why it's written level 3/4.... it definitely level 3 on the box) 

I really look forward the release date to get my hands on those new kits!!! 

• 2 months later...

Retaking "Skoda driver" and "pinky coffeeboat" omment about airfix, I think they just don't care about potential market they could gain in the airliner field, it has been a big chance for Airfix to regain so many of us modeler by simply updating their molds, they have had big chances to win big by simply re-issue their airliners with updated parts and/or fuselage, or by making new kits of zvezda's quality standards, many of us still wanting a high quality injected 757, DC-10, A-340-600, A318 and many other British regional jets as BAe ATP or jetstream 41, Didn't they had exclusive rights to produce airbus  airliners, or was it Revell's? 

• 6 months later...

Bad news on Revell's A320 neo and A321 neo:
Due to licensing difficulties both Airbus A32x neo kits will definitively NOT appear in 2017. And it's also not clear if they will appear in 2018. Let's hope that we'll get finally positive news at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Feb 2018.

Regards

WSB

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:33 PM, WSB said:

Bad news on Revell's A320 neo and A321 neo:
Due to licensing difficulties both Airbus A32x neo kits will definitively NOT appear in 2017. And it's also not clear if they will appear in 2018. Let's hope that we'll get finally positive news at the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Feb 2018.

Regards

WSB

Hello,

Maybe an answer to the question why:

https://hlj.com/product/HSG10823