Sea Diorama question.

Deadman Disciple

Ive made a sea base for my RNLI Severn Class Lifeboat & I have used the following youtube video to make my sea base.

Using his toilet paper method has worked a treat, I have painted on the sea color & dry brushed on some white to bring the waves out.

But he used a wooden base to put the toilet paper on, where as I used 1 inch think foam mounted on thin wood for my base.

Its the glossing part that I have a question about.

He paints on a clear gloss layer, then a layer of what looks like PVA, the a couple of more layers of clear gloss. I will be using Revell Aquaclolor gloss, if I did gloss it.

Does it have to be glossed to make it more realistic?

Because i'm really happy with the result I have got.

Cheers,

Wayne.

• Like 2

Without watching the video, I'd say do what he does. There must be a reason for it. Gloss sounds like it would add realism more than matt would. I will watch the video when I have time.

Rearguards,

Badder

Having watched the video and now understanding what the method was, I have to say YES, ABSOLUTELY! Gloss is the only way to go!

Water is glossy after all.

Rearguards,

Badder.

Ok,

After putting the first coat of Revell Aquacolor gloss, it has brought it out a little better.

So ive let it dry & I have now put the PVA coat on.

Im now going to give the PVA until Friday night to dry before I put another coat of gloss on.

*Fingers Crossed*

Cheers, 

Wayne.

• Like 1