Mig-29UB Armament

banzaiduke

Happy New Year to everyone on the forums!! Bit of a poser for the new year. I'm coming to the end of my Academy Mig build and have done it in the colours of Red 15 wearing the "Kosciuszko Badge" (thats the one with the massive badge on the back!) .My question is, did this aircraft ever fly with its missile racks loaded? Google and my meager stash of books on the Mig-29 ( 1 to be exact ) hasnt showed much in the way of load outs. Thanks in advance for any info!! 

According to World Air Power Journal - Infra red guided missiles are possible, but not radar guided as it doesnt have a radar.

Ive seen photos with AA-8/R-60 Aphid training/dummy/acquisition rounds on the outer pylon/s if that helps.

I have the the Academy UB in the stash, was going to do it completely clean, no pylons at all for that super smooth look. Makes a nice change from having to buy resin weapons that look the part! :)

• Like 1

I went for pylons only in the end ,my photo references from displays showed them flying  with just these.May i suggest the Karaya resin cockpit for the Academy kit ,paints up quite nice but a word of warning if you put all the gubbins into the canopy you cant close it and have to display it open (first for me)!

Edited by banzaiduke
  • Like 1