Eduard 1/48 FW190A8/R2

Starfighter

Hi guys,

I was lucky enough to have been given this kit as a Christmas present, and mighty impressed I am with the detail. just wondered if there was anything to look out for construction - wise, as I don't really want to cock up such a nice model. If anyone can give me a "Heads up " regarding this kit I'd be eternally grateful. :cheers:

Hi mate, Second last paragraph on this review there are some general 190 building tips from eduard themselves. 

http://kits.kitreview.com/eduard8173reviewbg_1.htm

Have builts a few myself - test fit, test fit and then again. 

Some very close tolerances, so much that you may have layers of paint getting in the way on mating surfaces of sub assemblies. 

Also make sure any mold seams are cleaned up on parts mating surfaces so they are nice and square. Common sense really. 

But with care and patience they can turn out real nice

Happy 2017,

I agree the Eduard Fw190 family is renowned for causing problems, particularly with the engine cowling and wing root cannon covers. However, I also prescribe to the theory they are engineered with tight tolerances and are intended by Eduard to be shown "opened up". Having said that, with care it is possible to close the model and still have a well represented finish. Here are a couple of my attempts.:

Regards,