Minion's modelling year 2016

modelling minion

Like quite a few others my modelling this year has almost totally revolved around various Group Builds, which helps keep things on track and gives me the inspiration to actually finish some of the stash.

Anyway here's my 2016 in plastic.

First off was an Iranian F-5F built from the excellent AFV Club kit.

F-5F%20005_zpsi3eneupt.jpg

This was followed by a F-47N Thunderbolt in Taiwanese markings built from the Academy kit.

F-47%20001_zpsb6mhjnmk.jpg

There's also a Hasegawa P-47D which never got finished as I still can't make my mind up which scheme to finish it as!

It was off to the helicopter GB next and for this I finished a couple of the venerable Airfix CH-53's, the first one was done as an aircraft from the Islamic Republic of Iran Navy.

DSC02565_zpsfmdtmqfx.jpg

And the second one was done as an Israeli machine in the earlier camo scheme.

DSC02599_zpsrqp73oub.jpg

Then we were odd to the 1980's NATO/Warpac GB which I built a Hasegawa F-104 as a Canadian CF-104.

DSC03423_zpsdg9p7klc.jpg

A Fuji/Bell AH-1S Cobra from the JGSDF was next for the Huey GB, built from the old Monogram kit.

DSC04681_zpsoqbw6aqs.jpg

DSC04682_zpsbpve2zvd.jpg

Then came the new Airfix Spitfire Vb in the markings of 352 Sqn (Yugoslav) RAF.

DSC04637_zpsgwrsadm9.jpg

Followed by one of it's partners from 351 Sqn, a Hawker Hurricane IIC built from the Hasegawa kit.

DSC04711_zpsksxwsddh.jpg

And to finish off the year (I finished it last night) an Italeri CR-42AS.

DSC04828_zpsimkngwd1.jpg

There was also a 1/72 Airfix Lancaster built as a commission which for some reason I don't have any pictures of so quite a busy 2016, hopefully 2017 will be as good.

Thanks for looking.

Craig.

• Like 14

Hi Craig and Happy New Year! That is a very impressive collection for the year. You always get a superb finish to your projects. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Knd regards,

Stix

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig and Happy New Year! That is a very impressive collection for the year. You always get a superb finish to your projects. Very well done. :thumbsup:

Knd regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, and a Happy New Year to you also.

I wish I could paint with a brush like you, always impressive. I look forward to seeing what you will do this year.