New 1/24 DB5 from Revell?

cmatthewbacon

What a shame this is not going to happen, there seems to be many really popular real life classics that are not properly catered for in modern plastic! Jag's, Astons, Triumphs and even MG's, just seemingly endless releases of Lamborghini's and Ferrari's. 

@MetroRacing That's right, they 'Winterized' the volante (lol) 'Living daylight's, Licence to Kill and Goldeneye' are a golden trio of bond films in my opinion, they all have the same feel to them that they have not been able to capture since :( on that note, why has nobody bought out a series of 'Bond' inspired kits with all the gadgets, Sunbeam Alpine, DB5, Toyota 2000GT, DBS, Mustang BOSS, The Lotuses (Fujimi already does Wet Nellie), AMV8 with the skis and rockets, BMW's and of course the other astons :) wishfull thinking!

Andy. 

Edited by ElectricLightAndy

Morning Chaps & Chapesses :bye:

Well it's a real shame that the DB5 isn't going to happen...

I'm not sure I understand Revell's thinking here. Why announce a kit if you haven't got the commercial side all wrapped up?

It was the same thing in 2015 with the Ferrari 250 SWB. Great hoohaaah's I thought, Ill be in Germany over Christmas and I'll get me a couple...

Again, Licensing issues.

(Although my friends in Germany are saying there are conspiracy theories now sprouting up that there is a warehouse somewhere in Germany packed to the brim with unsellable 250 SWB kits :) )

Why announce a DB5 if you haven't sorted all the licensing out... especially if its a newly tooled kit and you've spent all the money developing the kit already, It just doesn't make sense to me. Surely that would be done before you spend all the money on new tooling?.

Andy, If you have a look around, there are many old kits of British Classics, MG's, Jags, a few Astons, even a Triumph or two.

You could even get a bond themed cars collection going as the majority of them are available in kit form.

The Sunbeam has just been re released, DB5 is around if you look, Toyota 2000GT, okay there's a fastback version from Arii/Doyusha,havent seen a convertible except the old airfix one, DBS from Tamiya, BOSS 302 from Revell & AMT, Floaty Lotus from Fujimi, BMW Z4 from Revell and Aoshima....

I know there's a lot more, but you probably could find the majority of them in 24th scale

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 2

I agree @MAD STEVE, why get everyone exited and spend all that time and money on development if the deals not in the bag? also, why would Aston deny use of their image to Revell? Tamiya use it and Airfix (although not getting much use there) consider me flummoxed :) I'd love to build a new tool DB5 as i'm sure thousands of other serious and casual modelers/fans of the car would, same goes with the 'E-Type' one of the most sought after cars in the world and all we have are some ancient moldings that barely fit together and look a bit wrong when finished (Revell/Heller/Gunze) the Doyusha/Airfix Aston is rare as hens teeth and expensive and also looks a bit clunky when done, although if they re-released it I'd grab several, the MGB, one of the most successful  and popular cars ever made has got a lovely kit in Aoshima/Revell/Airfix and should be re-released to the general public (I mean the hobbycraft/casual buyer) and would sell by the bucket load. 

Yes I agree there are most of the 'bond' cars available, I had a look after I'd posted that previous post :) But there is no original DBS or AMV8's or a 7 series BMW (although I'm sure Hasegawa made one along with an XJ-S?) and a few other ones you'd expect there to be, I might start collecting all the cars (and try and hide them from the girlfriend) Arrii do the right mustang, but I think it's motorized :(

Image result for 1971 mustang mach 1 revell

Anyway back to the main point, I'm itching for some 'NEW' kits of iconic British classics, I hope some come out soon :)

Cheers,

Andy.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy

16 minutes ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

Anyway back to the main point, I'm itching for some 'NEW' kits of iconic British classics, I hope some come out soon :)

Cheers,

Andy.

Same here, I would buy any British classic kit. But it seems more likely I will get one in scale 1:1 than any company tooling a new one.

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 2

I've contemplated building a few 1/32 cars using any of the umpteen resin slot car bodies available.

Many come with a basic (improvable) interior and you can even get proper wire wheels/tyres etc.

A good source is here although classics are thin on the ground:

http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/spares/bodies.html

More here:

http://www.bettaandclassic.com/classicbodies1.htm

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 1