New 1/24 DB5 from Revell?

cmatthewbacon

http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-fuer-das-jahr-2017/

"In September 2017 there is a ... .. Aston Martin DB 5 - is still unclear whether as a "normal" road variant or as an emergency vehicle of the most famous agent of your British Majesty with the license to Martinitinken ... we hope for positive license negotiations and a Not too ordinary cars!"

...be still my beating heart. Let's hope that it's a new tool, not another retread of the Doyusha plastic...

best,

M.

• Like 2

Afternoon Chaps

As far as I can ascertain, Matt its a new mold.

But then the script seems to elude to the fact that it might either be the civvie version, or the Bond version, which would seem to point to a re pop and the choice of one of two versions?

Mad Steve

Afternoon Chaps

But then the script seems to elude to the fact that it might either be the civvie version, or the Bond version, which would seem to point to a re pop and the choice of one of two versions?

Mad Steve

Afternoon Chaps

Mad Steve

That's good to know. There's not that much difference between a plain street version and the Bond car. A few interior trimmings, different bumpers, and the panel in the roof. You could either engrave the panel on the inside and cut it out, or leave it separate to be fixed and filled.If I was them, I'd keep both options open in case the licensing deal can't be done at the last minute, like happened to the 250 SWB re-issue...

bestest,

M.

Evenin All

Yeah that's what I was also thinking Roy, the Airfix kit was actually quite a big thing when it was released.

It would be nice to have a newish DB5 to go with my Monogram DB4 and Tamiya DBS :)

Mad Steve

Airfix sold the stuff to Dyoshu - who Revell frequently get stuff from.

There are loads of kits out there that were originally made by a different company.

If you follow the link in the top post, scroll down the page and you'll see Revell are openly saying they are reissuing the Airfix buggy.

23 minutes ago, ptcruiser said:

Agree about Doyusha, and it says that Heller and Airfix tried and this form is from the same era. Are you sure it's not this one? https://www.scalemates.com/kits/243032-revell-dune-buggy

Rich

Thats a good point Rich, 

I am not car modeller, nor do I claim to "Speak-a zee Deutsch", however if one converts Revell's German text with an online translater, there is no confirmation that this Beach Buggy is the old Airfix mould. I can see where the obvious links can be tied, however although both Heller and Airfix words are mentioned - nothing to confirm where these moulds originate. 

Funnily enough, I also received an email from Revell this morning advising all their 2017 releases and I cannot seem to find the DB5 listed anywhere! The Buggy is there, but no Aston? 

Cheers.. Dave. 

Airfix didn't sell anything to Doyusha. The Airfix DB5 James Bond issue became the DB6 Red Stripe, and is now lost. There's a Doyusha James Bond DB5, but it's notably different from any Airfix kit. Then, of course, Airfix confused matters by reissuing the Doyusha DB5 as a non -Bond regular kit...

best,

M.

• Like 1

Re  the beach buggy, it merely states that heller and airfix used 1/32 and that the mould to be used dated from that era (60s).  So it may well be the Revell snaptite revisited...

The Revell buggy looks like a nicer design car but lacks Airfix's Jason King and gf!

• Like 1

Im Maßstab 1:32 gab es in den 1970er Jahren mehrfach Versuche, Auto-Bausätze zu etablieren (u.a. von Heller und vor allem Airfix). Aus dieser Zeit stammen auch die Formen des „Buggy„.

This translates as :

In the 1970s there were multiple attempts to establish car kits in 1:32 scale (amongst others from Heller and in particular from Airfix). The moulds for the Buggy date from this era.

Hi folks,

sorry to say so, but I did get the confirmation: The Aston Martin DB5 (in whatever guise) from NEW MOLDS hab been stopped due to license issues!

Therefore it has not been mentioned in the official Revell newsletter!

I included it in my article from January, 1st without knowing this fact - sorry for any hopes I did trigger for nothing!

Michael

Yes I know this was not a DB5 movie.. I was just trying to be a tad humourous! 

Its not one of my faves either - unlike Thunderball and that great Vulcan scene. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1