Avro Vulcan xj824

7 hours ago, cathasatail said:

Looking very nice indeed! :) Can't wait for the RFI!

My preference for kits would be the Airfix Harrier Gr1- it's an absolute gem of a kit and should be a breath of fresh air compared to the old Vulcan kit ;)

Sam

Anything but another Vulcan!

-harry B)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harrywilliams said:

I'm sensing it didn't go too well :smile:

Harry:lol:

No, I ended up with more paint on me than on the model.

Martian

• Like 1

I'm finishing up on my English electric lightning and it's come to the air brushing part, I used all my revell thinner yesterday on the Vulcan and it's basically impossible buying the stuff here so does anyone know alternatives to acrylic thinner? I'm not sure whether to try water but I'll give it ago, I'm using Revell aqua colours if this helps.

-Harry:lol:

Help! 

I was finishing my Vulcan just now and I nudged one of the decals by mistake and the whole thing ripped apart, it has broken in two, is there anyway of fixing this? I don't have replacement decals

IMG_1250.jpg

Edited by Harrywilliams

On ‎19‎.‎6‎.‎2017‎. at 5:44 PM, Harrywilliams said:

Help! 

I was finishing my Vulcan just now and I nudged one of the decals by mistake and the whole thing ripped apart, it has broken in two, is there anyway of fixing this? I don't have replacement decals

IMG_1250.jpg

Just move that part in good position then use decail softener. When everything is dry just paint tiny gaps with small brush in few thin layers. I have seen that you use revell aqua paint. Revell blue 36152 should fit in nicely i think.

• Like 1