Revell 1:144 F-14 Tomcat

Thank you, I was tryinng to get rid of the 'toy die cast' look by sanding too deep panel lines, which were like on 1/72 scale. Overall it is very nice kit with details as on older 1/72 Tomcats and fantastic decals.

• Like 1

Good work. I built the same kit a few years ago, and I must say, it's one of the finest I ever had. Perfect fitting, nice decals, good details. Must be the most underrated kit on the planet!

Alex

• Like 1

Very nice! :) I built the F-14D when I came back to the hobby... Way back when. I do love the Revell F-14 kits and you've done a fantastic job of this one Martin. Got anymore planned??

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simon382 said:

Simply stunning! I'd struggle to get a result this good in 1/48?!? I take my hat off to anyone who can get results like this in such a small scale

Thank you Simon, I did not much modifications on the kit just air intake parts were sanded to thinner and as I mentioned I sanded whole surface to make panel lines more accurate to the scale as they were quite deep and wide to my taste. I am sure in 1/48 you will beat this small brother :)

2 hours ago, alex said:

Good work. I built the same kit a few years ago, and I must say, it's one of the finest I ever had. Perfect fitting, nice decals, good details. Must be the most underrated kit on the planet!

Alex

Thanks Alex I built this small Tomcat many years ago (old Revell tool with raised panel lines), If I find it in my parents house I will post picture just to compare this kits..or my skills?:)

I agree, that new kit is really good.

1 hour ago, Dazzio said:

Very nice! :) I built the F-14D when I came back to the hobby... Way back when. I do love the Revell F-14 kits and you've done a fantastic job of this one Martin. Got anymore planned??

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hello Dazz I am glad that you like it.

This is good model, easy to assemble and have plaesure from finished without finding aftermarkets parts (interior is very good too for this scale and weapons included)

The next waiting in this scale is F-18 Hornet ...hope it is as good kit as this Tomcat

Martin

1 hour ago, MartinSK said:

Hello Dazz I am glad that you like it.

This is good model, easy to assemble and have plaesure from finished without finding aftermarkets parts (interior is very good too for this scale and weapons included)

The next waiting in this scale is F-18 Hornet ...hope it is as good kit as this Tomcat

Martin

I've built the Revell F-18's too, the C/D models. Very good kits. Don't put the fuselage stakes on until you've put the walk way decals down. They won't fit on otherwise. I've got another F-18 to build this year once I've built the Typhoon. Got lots of resin/etch and decals to throw at it. Should be fun. :) look forward to seeing your Hornet, will you be doing a WIP?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hello Dazz,

My Hornet is E version in very nice 'Tomcatters' 75th Anniversary Scheme 2010.

Before Hornet I have to finish first two big projects in 1/144 AN -124 Ruslan and IL-76 transport . I have not posted any WIP yet, as with 3 daughters and large scale dog:) (bernese mountain) I have only a little time for this great and relaxing hobby:)

Kind regards,

Martin

1 hour ago, MartinSK said:

Hello Dazz,

My Hornet is E version in very nice 'Tomcatters' 75th Anniversary Scheme 2010.

Before Hornet I have to finish first two big projects in 1/144 AN -124 Ruslan and IL-76 transport . I have not posted any WIP yet, as with 3 daughters and large scale dog:) (bernese mountain) I have only a little time for this great and relaxing hobby:)

Kind regards,

Martin

Very nice choice there. Watch out for the canopy decal, that'll need cutting as will the decal on the spine. I have 3 dogs (Old English Sheepdogs) and a girlfriend, so I can kinda relate. Can't be as much trouble as 3 daughters though. :) Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dazzio said:

Very nice choice there. Watch out for the canopy decal, that'll need cutting as will the decal on the spine. I have 3 dogs (Old English Sheepdogs) and a girlfriend, so I can kinda relate. Can't be as much trouble as 3 daughters though. :) Good luck.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Thanks for the tip for the canopy decal.

Yes, 3 daughters are bringing lots of different situations from fun to disaster :)

And many thanks to all for nice comments and likes.

Martin