Which 1/48 Tornado F3? (1435 Flt)

RMP2

Hello, folks and Happy New Year!

I am looking at building a selection of the Falklands jets - Phantom, Tornado and Eurofighter. I have the Phantom and Eurofighter kits and for better or worse will attempt to use those (Revell & Revell respectively ;) ).

However, I have no real idea about F3 kits and dont overly trust reviews - I much prefer general modellers experiences.

Most important to me is a pretty good shape, no raised panel lines and a good fit for a closed canopy and airbrakes. I would like to show off its clean and pointy lines.
If such a thing exists and includes some nice 1435 decals that would be perfect. I have set up a wanted ad for the decals in case theyre a problem.

Thanks as ever for any help.

Cheers! :cheers:

Rob

Wait for the Revell one!

If not the Italri builds quite easily and us available relatively cheap.

the Airfix involves much more work.(take care, there are 2 different editions with their respective challenges out there!)

if you want detail go for the Hobbyboss one. 

I only built the first 2....

Edited by exdraken

Cheers. I have the Airfix GR1/1A and... Im not liking the look of it one bit. Might just rob it for the JP233s for a future build and... leave it at that.

Revell are releasing a good un? Cool, I will take a look at that and the others too. Thanks very much.

Anyone else have thoughts to add?

I'd wait for the Revell one too, I've built the Italeri one and it goes together fine and looks good when built but lacking in cockpit detail as well as the refinement of what the Revell kit should bring.

Muzz

• Like 1

A RoG F.3 has not been confirmed, but their new 1/48th tooling sems to be able to accommodate one. 

Then again, I'm still waiting for their followup 1/72nd Ju 88G after their Ju 88A-4 and C-6 boxings...

HTH,

Andre

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hook said:

A RoG F.3 has not been confirmed, but their new 1/48th tooling sems to be able to accommodate one. 

Then again, I'm still waiting for their followup 1/72nd Ju 88G after their Ju 88A-4 and C-6 boxings...

HTH,

Andre

Aaaah! I will stop Googling then! :)
Cheers, will see whats about when I get onto doing it then. Need to find the 1435 Flight decals first anyway.

Smashing, cheers. I didnt find that on the Revell site earlier, must be the "Christmas spirit" still going on here... ;)

• Like 1

Almost!

Id like the forward fuselage Sheep badge too though. One for each Phantom, Tonka and Eurofingy for some continuity. I think they all got the Sheep at some point going by pics.
But regardless, its a good start and thanks for the suggestion, its certainly a good option and something to work with. Nice to see a very honest review from a modellers point of view as well, I do like that, nice work there.

Cheers for the link, I hadnt seen these before, will add them to my list. :)

• Like 1