Get your ride! Take it back to base! Scout Trooper & bike.

I love what you have done with the kit supplied stand; raising it up that little bit makes a huge difference. 

Nice build. Is that the original bed roll on the back - it looks like you have done an 'AndyRM' and remodelled it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

I love what you have done with the kit supplied stand; raising it up that little bit makes a huge difference. 

Nice build. Is that the original bed roll on the back - it looks like you have done an 'AndyRM' and remodelled it?

Nope, nothing added to the bedroll but paint. I've added risers to all my SW builds. It's easy to do with panels of .020 plastic card, and 1/4" x 1/4" tubing. Then I cut the plaques out of the kit box.

• Like 1

I'd guessed at the box title being used, the risers though make a huge difference - I would never have considered that. 

I have mental plans for displaying the version I intend to build, but these were mainly around the 'tree stump' and how to modify that, I might now also consider raising it up as you have and (amongst other things) boxing in the back of the existing tree stump support structure. 

I am desperately trying not to crack any 'thinking outside of the box' puns over the box lid writing and the boxing in you have done.

Nice work with the paint on the Bed roll by the way it looks togtally different from the Ines in the Sprue shots I've been looking at. 

Edited by The Chief Smeg
Spelling auto correct issues from iOS

Heh, well it came out of necessity. The first kit I did was R2-D2, and I needed somewhere to hide the electronics. After that, I figured, why not? 

94EBEC8A-28C8-4C44-A123-16F84D16E6B2.jpg

Edited by Habu12
  • Like 5

Wow, very nice! Your boxing idea works especially well with the vehicle models. R2 with lighting looks awesome. 

I am definitely going to have to copy your display base ideas. 

Edited by The Chief Smeg

Each riser is 1-2" high. The square tubing helps with bringing the corners together and adding some rigidity. 

And yes, everything is painted, except for the Threepio, since the finish is a coating. But I did add a wash and weathering.

Edited by Habu12

Yeah, I struggled with how to get the torpedoes to light up. I was testing the engine LEDs when I noticed the torpedoes caught the light pretty well. So I figured an LED inside the exhaust port shining out would donthe trick. And so t did 😎

Thanks! I used pics from the visual dictionary and online to get a feel for where most wear areas would be. For the trooper, I just extrapolated from that, and what kind of dirt and grime you'd pick up on a mossy forest floor.

Superb work. I love all of it, but I think your C3PO is the absolute gem, and probably the one that doesn't get all the recognition it deserves.   You've got that shade of gold and the subtle variations looking perfect.

Rearguards,

Baddr

• Like 1