1/32nd F-16A 'Aircraft No.1'

Ghostbase

Have had this in the stash for 5 years now and it needs to be built! The Hasegawa 1/32nd General Dynamics F-16A (Kit #S20) which will be built OOB and in the mid 70's era 'Demonstrator' red/white/blue colour scheme, aircraft serial 75-0745.

Michael

IMGP2620size_zpsyvfyz8ml.jpg

• Like 9

Welcome aboard with one of the big boys! I was wondering if we would some of these, I had the next version after this model. Gee it was a nice model, unfortunately it's in a pretty sad and sorry start after being moved around for the last 30 odd years....anyway.

I'm glad you brought this one along,  she'll look really nice in the Demo colour scheme and the build is bound to bring back memories for a few people.

Well good luck with the build, another to follow with special interest, look forward to seeing her in the gallery. 

• Like 1

Bad timing on my part, the GB starts and I am away for the week! Have opened the box again today and taken a look, so a few photos...

Did someone say this kit is large?

IMGP2629size_zpstqdxpksc.jpg

Plenty of parts to keep me happy!

IMGP2630size_zpshomjir5s.jpg

Unfortunately the decals have been raided however I have checked and pretty well all the ones I need are there.

IMGP2626size_zpsqyygpvvt.jpg

Colour instructions:

IMGP2628size_zpspxo6rxui.jpg

And in my dreams, what it is going to look like :)

IMGP2627size_zpsjzyqzkeo.jpg

I have next weekend off work so will get started then.

Michael

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Have finally made a start however I also have the new Airfix Victor B.2 to put together so guess where my heart is at the moment!

Started on the seat and the cockpit, need to add paint details before place in the fuselage.

IMGP2640size_zpspbbd3kfq.jpg

Also made a start on the lower fuselage half, inserting forward and main undercarriage wells as well as the jet air intake. Don't know how I managed it but a large gap to be filled between the two :(

IMGP2641size_zps497pyq7u.jpg

Not bad detail for such an old kit:

IMGP2642size_zpseplwdurc.jpg

Have a spare day Wednesday so hope to put the fuselage halves together then.

Michael

• Like 3

Little bit more work on the cockpit this morning, painting in the detail. Dry brushed with silver, then pick out switches with red, white, yellow, blue, doesn't look too bad. Aim is to get the two fuselage halves joined later today.

Michael

IMGP2643size_zps5vqy5lib.jpg

IMGP2645size_zpscxfge3qj.jpg

• Like 4