Steve's got his armour on!

stevej60

And before packing up the table I dry brushed the whole body,added fuel staining to the tank's and airbrushed light earth around 

the wheel's and lower body.

DSCN4778_zpsszo3lex5.jpg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Lovely progress Steve! Looking very good. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thank's Stix,the old aircraft mojo has gone for the moment I'm struggling with two in a couple of GB's so armour is keeping

me going right now,I bought a Revell Super Cobra yesterday thought maybe a Helo might get round the problem.

• Like 1

I must admit I'm leaning towards armour at the moment and really enjoying it, although I am going to have a go at a Tamiaya Mossie in the De Havilland Mega GB. 

• Like 1

Hi folk's,added the last of the armour plating and some pack's and other items,all that's left is the fitting of the guns and steering wheel

and a little bit of dashboard detailing.

DSCN4781_zpsqctza9a5.jpg

DSCN4784_zpswrp2mddh.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folk's pay week and I popped into my LMS intent on trying to rediscover my aircraft mojo which has gone AWOL I have tried the middle

ground between aircraft and armour over the last few week's and got this far I even took knife to plastic and opened up the cockpit so far 

so good!

DSCN4805_zpstf46gwyb.jpg

Anyway I've enjoyed the smaller soft skin builds so much and the 20% of Tamiya on at the moment I cameout with these two for well under

the price of most 1/48 aircraft kit,s so next two builds will be these two.

DSCN4802_zpsbswainh9.jpg

DSCN4804_zpsrwe2x2yx.jpg

Both beautifully molded and detailed and I think the schemes are great too,make a start soon.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

Got an hour at the table this afternoon and good start with the "Mutt",lovely soft plastic to work with and Tamiya's usual fit of

part's and within the hour steps one to four complete.I am going with the US Army version with the windscreen fitted.

DSCN4807_zpsdhxf5mfa.jpg

DSCN4808_zps5trhmbor.jpg

• Like 4

Morning all,started the camo painting but need the fourth colour Buff/Sand willpick a pot up tomorrow,the TOW cannister's

weapon and stand are all assembled ready for painting.

DSCN4815_zpszzawiafc.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, BerndM said:

Lovely builds, Steve ! This SAS Jeep is cool :)

Many thank's Bernd,all the complete builds are in RFI,the Mutt has had it's last colour added and I have put a wash over before

dry brushing the highlights and only need to add the windscreen.

DSCN4826_zps2gxhft1z.jpg

• Like 2

On 31/03/2017 at 11:23, beefy66 said:

Lovely camouflage scheme great job there Stev

beefy

Many thank's Beefy,should be in RFI soon then I'll wrap the thread up with the Schwimwagon.

Morning folk's,time to start the last kit in this thread Tamiya's German amphibian.First two stages complete and as the engine is supplied and looks

good I'm including it in the build.

DSCN4849_zpsgwg5zpcu.jpg

DSCN4850_zpsukmqwnc3.jpg