Steve's got his armour on!

stevej60

Morning folk's base coat on bodywork and seat's,canvas,I mixed the pink very thin so five light coats applied and allowed to "well"

into recessed detail's to give a faded look to larger surfaces.

DSCN4687_zps8dkwrhfi.jpg

• Like 3

It's coming on nicely Steve. I've always liked this kit because as far as I know, it's the only one in this scale of the early Land Rover, and I'd like to back date it to a mid 60's version.

John.

• Like 1

Hi folk's,I've really enjoyed this little collection of builds over the last couple of month's with the Pink Panther nearly done I decided

to finish with one last vehicle and go a bit heavier,I am going to leave the desert for colder climes with a Bosnia based APC in the

three tone NATO scheme.

DSCN4696_zpsn20jzpz4.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Hey Steve

you could get a job at my place the speed your knocking these out at  :phew:

Beefy

Thank's Beefy, I've had an approach from Peugeot this week!

• Like 1

Hi folk's got a few minutes throughout today at the table so added the few jerrycans,ammo boxes and netting that come

with the kit also a couple of pieces from the spares box.I dry brushed the tyres in sand and the bodywork also.

DSCN4700_zpslhw9gapg.jpg

• Like 3

Morning folk's in between painting the last small items on the L.R.I started constructing the body of the APC,no interior at all

on this boxing of the kit so thing's move on quickly as you can see,

DSCN4697_zpsyi7mjvfd.jpg

DSCN4698_zpsfmws5iz1.jpg

Two hours in total yesterday and this morning and this thing falls together so quick I'm putting it away 

for a couple of days to make it last!

DSCN4703_zpsxdy2hnbw.jpg

DSCN4705_zpsxk45zrmg.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2017 at 2:51 PM, stevej60 said:

Hi folk's got a few minutes throughout today at the table so added the few jerrycans,ammo boxes and netting that come

with the kit also a couple of pieces from the spares box.I dry brushed the tyres in sand and the bodywork also.

DSCN4700_zpslhw9gapg.jpg

Very nice steve :like: do like the landrover, had 110, have a Defender 90, LR4 and wife has LR2

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

Morning folks,been decorating,working and changing the car this week so modeling time virtually none existent but this

morning a second coat of black and first coat of brown on.SAS LR is finished hope to post RFI pics tomorrow.

DSCN4709_zpsimfgnb6l.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

Morning all,base painting done glossed and most decals done,the hard edge camo has blended OK with the gloss once I dust with earth

with the airbrush should look much better toning down the decal's.

DSCN4713_zpsewvxtrpv.jpg

• Like 3

Hi folk's I had a disaster tonight putting the final touches to this one involving knocking  the liquid poly over the front GPMG and the

ammo boxes for both so I field modified it to carry only one! added a few spare bag's,bedrolls and canvass cover to make it a bit

different so all done I'll put her in RFI in due course,thank's as ever for looking in I have a couple more to come rather than close up

so Italeri's SAS jeep in European guise and Trumpeter's Chinese 4x4 utility "Jeep" which should be a rare sight on BM.

DSCN4729_zps7fq58tr2.jpg

• Like 4

Morning folk's,dry brushed and washed in a couple of shades and a final dusting with light earth a little heavier around the bottom

of the vehicle/wheels etc.Track's painted and fitted.

DSCN4731_zpssjjzsmam.jpg

DSCN4732_zpswyly7m8b.jpg 

• Like 3

Morning all,day off today so should get M113 finished. yesterday two new arrival's arrived from King Kit yesterday I,ll pop progress

into the thread as I get them underway,the Chinese jeep is a bit different and not seen many built so looking forward to it,the

SAS jeep is an Italeri oldie but still looks good in the box and should complement the other two in the collection.

DSCN4735_zps2asid7ic.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, spaddad said:

You need to slow down mate, leave some for the rest of us.

Will do Dave,but not yet,I,m almost done with the M113,the sprue's have load's of kit to hang on the vehicle I can understand the thinking

in the desert but photo's of European operated vehicles don't reflect this so just to add interest I've put on a small portion here and there ,added

the 50 cal and antenna's should get her in RFI in a day or so here she is before I spray a thin coat of Matt to finish thing'a off.

DSCN4737_zpsyaygv92b.jpg

DSCN4738_zps8pwit3t7.jpg

• Like 5

Morning folk's started tinkering with the two jeeps yesterday,the Italeri one builds well with easy placement of the chassis parts

and multi part body but within an hour get's this far,note the fitted fuel tank's replacing the multitude of Jerry cans previous

vehicles had to carry.

DSCN4741_zpsxkufsv3t.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1