Steve's got his armour on!

stevej60

Hi Folk,s and nearly a happy new year,laying down a marker for some armour related stuff I want to do in the coming month's as a change 

frommainly wingy thing's I thought I would start with a couple of small subject's that I had not done before so Tamiya's old but still nice Jeep

(SAS  seems to be well represented on BM not so much the standard Jeep) and the good old universal carrier which I'm delighted to find has  

the TT marking's of the 50th Northumbrian Division on the sheet,all have figures so a small dio base will be in order.I hope later to cover A

Dragon Wagon with a suitable load(I've even seen a period photo with a landing craft on board} and Trumpeter's Char B.

Here's the boxes.

DSCN4351_zpsjyfuhf5i.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4

The best choice of the available Universal Carriers because the other Tamiya kit has the driver and bren gunner seated and they are an awfully tight fit! That frontal armour plating is also a pain to fit properly, requiring a bit of bending.

Following with interest,

HAPPY NEW YEAR,

Badder

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Badder said:

The best choice of the available Universal Carriers because the other Tamiya kit has the driver and bren gunner seated and they are an awfully tight fit! That frontal armour plating is also a pain to fit properly, requiring a bit of bending.

Following with interest,

HAPPY NEW YEAR,

Badder

Thank's Badder the sprue with the original desert crew is included in this later boxing which is handy for spare helmets etc.

• Like 1

Is that Trumpeter's 1/72 Char B1 bis?  If so check your driver's periscope cover.....On the early releases they had fit (the apparently seperate and fully detailed) master part upside down and then copied it like that.  :doh: 

They fixed it in later releases:  http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/Trumpeter/Trumpeter_Char_B1bis.htm

If it turns out you have one of these early kits, you can get a simple part to fix it from Friendship Models, for all of a quid:  http://www.friendshipmodels.org.uk/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Is that Trumpeter's 1/72 Char B1 bis?  If so check your driver's periscope cover.....On the early releases they had fit (the apparently seperate and fully detailed) master part upside down and then copied it like that.  :doh: 

They fixed it in later releases:  http://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/Trumpeter/Trumpeter_Char_B1bis.htm

If it turns out you have one of these early kits, you can get a simple part to fix it from McKeeman Models, for all of a quid:  http://www.friendshipmodels.org.uk/

Thank's for the info Sarge,I'll check it out.I have yet to buy the kit it looks like a newer boxing.

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve and Happy New Year!

Good to see you back building some AFVs!

:popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix and Happy new year to you Mrs Stix,I thought just a very simple base for the Jeep but something big enough for the

carrier( it having three figures) and using the house front from that failed vignette from last year's GB.

• Like 1

Morning Folk's a start on the Jeep,I forgot just how good Tamiya military kit's are the fit of parts and detailing even on this older

boxing is first class,nine parts make up the engine and chassis.

DSCN4355_zpswodjwg9k.jpg

The body shell is a one piece affair and here with the panels added.

DSCN4357_zpsxaegflfz.jpg

• Like 4

Morning folk's,I,m getting as much construction done before needing to break out the airbrush so as with the Jeep the bulk oft the carriers

bodywork is assembled,no issues at all as expected so next session will be laying some paint on.

DSCN4368_zps7rtrchcq.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely progress Steve. You are definitely right about these Tamiya AFV kits being rather good. I'm having a go at only my second Tamiya 1/35 tank (the newish Panther D) at the moment and so far everything seems to go together beautifully.

Good luck wth the painting.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Lovely progress Steve. You are definitely right about these Tamiya AFV kits being rather good. I'm having a go at only my second Tamiya 1/35 tank (the newish Panther D) at the moment and so far everything seems to go together beautifully.

Good luck wth the painting.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,the carrier is a newer tool and the detailing is superb,fit of parts can't be beat,that said the jeep goes together very well

also.

• Like 2

Hi folk's bit of progress with the jeep,built to the stage of painting,the wire cutter option for the front of the vehicle promptly snapped

while being cleaned up and for the life of me I can't find the other half so I've gone for the tow bar option.

DSCN4388_zpswenpzeup.jpg

DSCN4389_zpse2hpw5n3.jpg

• Like 4

Evening folk's,just a quick update glossing done and main decal's on I took off the towbar and went with the standard fitting,now after a few

more decals I can weather her.

DSCN4421_zps2wxsl2nd.jpg

• Like 8

Hi all,I thought it time to get the carrier moving so tonight I've assembled the wheels and sprockets and also the seats and front armour

section fitted all ready for paint.

DSCN4425_zpsg7u2se5r.jpg

DSCN4427_zpsqdpdbs2k.jpg

• Like 1