Check Your SIX - DNF :-(

vppelt68

Last night, while waiting for the putty to set after I had attached four intakes in four lower fuselages, I ventured out on new adventures and scratchbuilt an IFF antenna for an ADF variant. I started with a Revell "blank" panel (which I had five), added a rectangular baseplate and then four antenna blades on that. Light grey kit plastic, white plastic sheet and my pocket camera settings don´t allow a decent photo of it. Anyway, that (and some cockpit pieces) means the fifth kit is also on the assembly line. The Italians had just one dual seater ADF variant in use - MM 7268 - and that´s what she´ll be portrayed as. There are decals for that in the Italeri A/B kit. By the way... anybody know of a source for Portuguese decals in 72nd scale... :whistle:  :mental: Regards, V-P

EDIT: If I can´t do quality, I can do quantity. It has a quality of its own...

• Like 3

On 17.1.2017 at 3:03 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Thanks PBS, there´s now one set on their way to V-P homebase! A few pics:

DSCN3220_zpskjz9thzk.jpg

The Panda :fool: Solo Türk C- kit rear mated to B-kit front. I´m trying to do an Italian B ADF- variant, thus the homemade IFF bird slicers.

DSCN3223_zps4ajs0vwm.jpg

Fortunately, lousy pic of lousy craftmanship

DSCN3224_zps878nn3eg.jpg

I wanted to reduce the number of pieces running loose, and assembled five tails. They are left to right B, NL/ NO and then ITA/DK.

DSCN3225_zpsnu8kitzr.jpg

Let´s add this POC kit on the list of Organ Doners for this build. Not for the airplane kit...

DSCN3226_zpsgfttbllo.jpg

...but because of a pair of maybe basic, but dimensionally very accurate Mavericks :thumbsup:

DSCN3227_zpszvqmgluc.jpg

Waiting for the sixth kit :hmmm: Best regards, V-P

• Like 5

did you leave them in the dark one night??? I'm sure there were only 4 of them last time!

Looks like you have a very successful breeding program going on there.....some Premium AvTur, a bit of Barry White........   :kissing2:+   :wub: = :whistle:

• Like 1

My builds are going well but there's just nothing to take or show pics of. I'm waiting for the fourth MLU ip to arrive with the sixth kit before I finish the cockpits and can assemble the fuselages. Don't worry, I've got plenty of things to do anyway! I began painting the cockpit tubs, tailplanes and tail pieces. Actually the last two can be finished, decals and all, before attaching them to the rest of the airframes. Then there's the brainwork in deciding which planes and for which missions they should be modeled! V-P

• Like 1

So the name change for my build thread became necessary! Yesterday I received a parcel containing another Solo Türk kit and some goodies. I won´t need all those later Block C-bits, but as they came with the same price I´d had paid for a MLU kit, why not buy one instead? You get two more AIM-120:s, a pair of HARM:s and GBU:s, plus HTS and ECM pods for free!

DSCN3228_zps08oi2q0r.jpg

These aren´t all new, just the grey set of reinforcement plates and the Modelmaker Portuguese decals.

DSCN3229_zpsayrpa4uh.jpg

Immediately as I had opened the flimsy blue box, the older bunch came to say hi to new plastic. Actually I took this pic to show that the sixth was untouched at 19:04 last night.

DSCN3230_zpsm2sks1zi.jpg

A little less than an hour later, upper fuselage sections were joined, bird slicers, gun port and canopy retractor (?) were assembled. Lower fuselage had ventral fins, all the MLG bay parts (behind closed doors) and "the exhaust" part attached. I also added the throttle and stick to cockpit tub, and assembled the fin without parabrake extension.

DSCN3234_zpscw733ouv.jpg

Oops I have no more pics but I also assembled the sixth intake and cleaned the exhaust parts. Maybe I find time to paint them tonight? My plan is to advance this kit to same level of progress the older ones have, and then go side by side with all six.

There will not be a seventh one. Though I noticed I don´t need the strengthening plates for the Italian B ADF, so I have one extra set :hmmm: Tamiya Blk 50 to Blk 40 conversion? Naah...

• Like 5

Only written update to save your eyes. I decided to build the Dutch Orange Lion demobird and tested my old Humbrol orange by brushing it (I´m not too fuzzy about correct shade here) on the tail fin. Next step: bring out brake fluid to remove it, and get some rattle can orange! Plan B: I do have two sets of Revell C-fins and one intake that hasn´t got the mouth piece attached: should I get Astra Decals for an Aviano Block 40 instead, and Attack Squadron bulged MLG doors :hmmm:... Or should I wait with them until the next GB opportunity? Decisions, decisions... I think I´ll stick to my original plan and save the USAFE birds for later (and probably get them lovely Tamiya kits).

Otherwise thing are going nicely. V-P

• Like 1