***Finished*** PBS Falcons

• 2 weeks later...

Lost a bit of mojo with the Belgian falcon, hacked of the remaining wing and tail aerials, the one of the fin ones also vanished never to be found. Hopefully will be able to get it ready for decals during the week. Twin stick gone much better, slight problem in that I've run out of humbrol gunmetal for the exhaust and my LHS is waiting for new stock, will have to repaint it at some point in the future to match the others. A2CFF03A-4ECD-4618-8EB7-F529A6ECC7D8_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Had some fit problems with the canopy, had to do a little surgery on pilot and the seats, is actually a small crack in the canopy caused by the pilots head, fortunately you can't actually see it with the pilots head there. Also had to use a bit of painted cardboard as the HUD, the bit was claimed by the carpet monster. Just needs the canopy cleaned up, and the intake repainted as stray painted finger went up it. DC9D36B1-5F70-4BC1-B0BD-048358A7C48D_zps

• Like 1

Perhaps, but I suspect this will probably not be revisited, likely going to be in with another entry at some point, like the hasegawa ones and as there cheap as well. Time at the bench is going to be less than norm, started redecorating the room the bench is in today. 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

Not done any modelling since the weekend, started (finally) redecorating the modelling room, and whilst the bench is still in place for the moement, I packed everything away and could not be bothered to unpack and repack, today attention swapped to the outside of the house which will continue tommorow so got some stuff out and cracked on with the falcon. Pylons in place now, and the exhaust repainted gunmetal now I finally sourced a pot via amazons add on program (my LHS is still waiting after 3 weeks for his humbrol order) . Stores are in progress, going with the standard stuff in the box this time. 

6DF8B94C-BFE3-4EB5-A109-4CDEA2B37B89_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Nice if hasegawa included the weapon stripes as decals, had to use painted tape, and as I don't have the right shade of redbrown had to use blue and make them all training rounds 

edit: seems was pointless painting two pairs of cbus up, not shaped to fit on the MER so can only mount one pair

62541CD5-989A-4715-A493-497855C94B69_zps

meanwhile I thought I'd share another pair of diecasts falcons 

40FF4499-673C-4566-B8D4-E00F053F7F74_zps

65AC7D8D-D2D9-4EBE-9C43-A6772C9CDDCA_zps

Edited by PhantomBigStu

And the 'B' is done aside from the final touches like the red/green lights, dunno what Ill be doing next, I'm not sure if I've got enough ghost grey left for another one, thinking of ordering the caracell sheet and do a lizard one using the hasegawa C. fudged up the decals on the tanks which is annoying but can't be fixed now

0F2A0AB3-F6C2-4E51-AED8-6827D0568097_zps

• Like 1