This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

BIG X

Wheels Up or Down - What's your opinion?

77 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, JackG said:

I just thought of something for those that scratch build their own display bases.  If you stagger the height of the rods on your model builds, you could potentially save on shelf space.  Essentially, the base itself and not wingspan, determines how close together they sit on the shelf.

regards,

Jack

I've done this with game miniatures for years. It saves tons of space. Plus if you standardize your stand sizes, the models look like they are flying in formation. 

I've always built my kits wheels down, but I think I'm changing my mind.  The biggest influence has been that Bandai started marketing stands for their Gundam kits and nice stands on their Star Wars kits.  It really improves the looks imho.

That and watching guys like CedB build here. They look like they're having fun. That's all I'm looking for when I start a new build.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

I've done this with game miniatures for years. It saves tons of space. Plus if you standardize your stand sizes, the models look like they are flying in formation. 

I've always built my kits wheels down, but I think I'm changing my mind.  The biggest influence has been that Bandai started marketing stands for their Gundam kits and nice stands on their Star Wars kits.  It really improves the looks imho.

That and watching guys like CedB build here. They look like they're having fun. That's all I'm looking for when I start a new build.

Fun is the name of the game for me - with my skills I'm never going to impress anyone - so I might as well just enjoy myself ^_^

2 people like this