Airfix Puma 1/72 - Gulf War Pink Puma!

Pat C

That is truly impressive build. Brilliant paint job and weathering. Would have loved to see your WIP if you had done one and would have followed it with a great interest. Congratulations on a truly impressive build

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beefy said:

That is truly impressive build. Brilliant paint job and weathering. Would have loved to see your WIP if you had done one and would have followed it with a great interest. Congratulations on a truly impressive build

Thanks for the comments guys. Beefy the WIP was glacial so you would have got very bored!

1 hour ago, Ragtag said:

Very nice, I quite fancy doing an HC.2 at some point, I suppose that'll need even more updating.

I used bits of two different Whirlibits sets - I think you should be able to get a later HC2 out of them? 

Happy New Year all!!

Pat

• Like 2

Very nice job on a less than stunning basic kit which does the Puma few favours.  You've nailed the look of the Puma, as well as the GW1 finish.  Well done!

Regards

Tim

• Like 1

Really nice work, I've got one on the go at the moment, and you're right it takes a lot to update and modernize the original Airfix/Heller kit to get a realistic version from more recent conflicts. Fortunately there is a wealth of aftermarket out there!

Nice tip on the door rails, I overlooked this on mine but fortunately I haven't gone far enough along that I can't sort this out straight away, it does change the look of the model somewhat.

Rich

• Like 1

The old Airfix Puma kit? That is an astonishing result and shows what some good old fashioned modelling skills can do.

I'm not that much into helicopters, but I really really like that,

Cheers

John

5 hours ago, Rich G said:

Really nice work, I've got one on the go at the moment, and you're right it takes a lot to update and modernize the original Airfix/Heller kit to get a realistic version from more recent conflicts. Fortunately there is a wealth of aftermarket out there!

Nice tip on the door rails, I overlooked this on mine but fortunately I haven't gone far enough along that I can't sort this out straight away, it does change the look of the model somewhat.

Rich

If you change the rails Rich, don't forget to thin down the doors that are about one scale foot thick. Looking at the pics I wished I had thinned down mine a bit more. There are some resin ones in the Whirlybits set, which I didnt use in the end for reasons I can't totally recall - I think they were too flat and wouldn't have fitted flush to the fuselage.

Pat

• Like 1

Despite my New Year's Day hangover I have to comment on this and say what a terrific looking Puma, especially considering this is the old Airfix kit.   A great rendition of the helicopter that just keeps on giving. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rich G said:

Rich

Do you have a WIP anywhere Rich?

Every time I come back to this Pat I spot something else in the photos that makes me like it more :) - I've e-mailed Whirlybirds asking them what's in each set as they have 3 Puma sets that I can see, thanks for the tip.

Edited by Ragtag
  • Like 1