Welcome and Rules

Well after what seems forever it’s finally here, the F-16 STGB!

WOW talk about some excited fans!  I didn’t expect this many build threads so early, I have a feeling this is going to be the BIG STGB of this year and why not. She’s an amazing looking and performing aircraft, the list of superlatives for this aircraft can just go on and on…..sort of like me! :D

-Neu- will be my partner in crime for this build and has some really interesting/exciting news, which I’ll lave to him to announce

Ok down to business, I won’t bore everyone with endless lists of rules, but there are a few we have to get through but most importantly have fun and enjoy building this wonderful aircraft

The rules for the STGB are nice and simple and should be familiar to most members;

#1 - The Group Build will run from 00:01GMT Saturday 7th January to 23:59GMT Sunday 9th April.

#2 - The build subject is the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon (it’s original name) and all of its model variations. Plus I will allow the Mitsubishi F-2 as it’s a F-16 on steroids!

#3 – The model can be any scale or build material (would love to see a resin one), but sorry no snap-tight models. Aftermarket stuff, go for it, you can add as much as you like.

#4 – All models must be less than 25% complete at the start of the build, if in doubt please ask me.

#5 - All builds must have a WIP thread showing progress, models cannot go into the gallery unless there is a build thread for them. If you are building two or more models, you may combine them into the same thread, if in doubt please just ask.

#6 - No buying/wanted or selling in the GB please, there is a buying and selling section in Britmodeller for this!

#7 - There will be a poll to vote for your favourite build at the end of the GB, but please do not canvas for votes.

#8 –No Whatif or Fictional schemes! Your build must have actually flown and the colour scheme must have been used, just ask if you are not sure.

Finally everybody likes constructive comments on their builds, please be polite and constrictive with them and no arguments please. As for “rivet counters”............ :fight:

That’s it, I do hope everyone gets to enjoy their build and has fun, good luck everyone.

• Like 2