1/72 Saab J35J Draken (Revell/ Hasegawa)

mack

Hello,

The one and only kit I've managed to finish this year.

1/72 Saab J35J Draken: kit by Revell, photoetched by Eduard, Maestro Models pitot tube, Vallejo paints.

Decals are from the kit with the exception of the large numbers on wings that were painted with home made masks.

Thanks for your comments.

004_zpstiyalyti.jpg 

010_zpsj4bp4i5a.jpg

006_zpsnzlkgzut.jpg

003_zps32sw7hud.jpg

005_zps9o2hzhem.jpg

002_zpsc3pexkdw.jpg

007_zpsmlrudwoj.jpg

009_zpsqqjmu6ip.jpg

• Like 46

Thank you all for the nice words.

I've tried to reproduce a really worn aircraft (see attached example) but I'm far from being satisfied with the results.

201_zpscnuyex3m.jpg

Nevertheless building the bigger 1/48 model is really tempting me now.

Regards,

Iulian 

• Like 2

On 4.1.2017 at 8:07 PM, mack said:

I've tried to reproduce a really worn aircraft (see attached example) but I'm far from being satisfied with the results.

Nevertheless building the bigger 1/48 model is really tempting me now.

Regards,

Iulian 

still looks very nice!

maybe in order to achieve your desires, you'd need to weather the markings as well and tone them done a fair bit!

it also seems that there is less weathing on the fron of the plane, where protective "clothing" might be installed when parked outside....

looking forward to your 1/48 attempts! (hope that there will be as many as Draken paint and model options ;) ) 

• Like 1

That is a stunning build of a beautiful aircraft - it just screams science fiction to me.

Fantastic work and I think that you are being far too harsh on yourself!

Phil

• Like 1

Mack, a great build on the Draken. Stick with the one true scale and don't be tempted by the "Dark Side". As regards the large wing numbers, the application looks brilliant but why is she numbered zero five when she carries 50 on the fin as the picture of 40 seems to show ?. If I have missed something I blame early onset dementia.

Once again a brilliant build , Well done,   Trev.

P.S. I just noticed the comma on the fin number. I think there must be much about Draken  numbering that I don't know !.

8 hours ago, vh-bob said:

As regards the large wing numbers, the application looks brilliant but why is she numbered zero five when she carries 50 on the fin as the picture of 40 seems to show ?. If I have missed something I blame early onset dementia.

P.S. I just noticed the comma on the fin number. I think there must be much about Draken  numbering that I don't know !.

It was mentioned in a post of a fellow forum member on the intended WIP topic (WIP that didn't actually materialized):

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234950751-saab-j-35j-draken-swedish/

"... About the decal sheet and the numbers for the grey jet. The sheet is correct!! At some point there were 2 aircraft with the same number at F10. To avoid mistakes the number was changed to 5,0 on one aircraft; therefore is it 05 on the wings and 5,0 on the fin." 

A very nice looking Draken - really makes me wanna build another J, I gave mine to a buddy not building models but loving Drakens so..

Definetly give the big brother in 48th scale a go. I love that one.

Cheers!

• Like 1