1/48 F-22 paint ?

DDELK

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted any threads. I'm building the raptor (Hasagawa) and I'm looking for s little easier way to get the paint colors. Has anyone built this plane, and what colors did you use in order to get that raptor sheen look. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks

dave

Thanks, 

.  Really great instructions. I hadn't quite realized how difficult the paint scheme on the raptor is.. my last question is,,. Are the inside of the intakes also ligh ghost grey ?

thanks

dave

The first bit is the outside color, after that it is Gloss White. 

Most pics do not show the intake well, due to security issues - display aircraft usually have intake guards fitted. This is the clearest pic I'm aware of:

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/brian_dwight/f-22a_02-4034/images/f-22a_02-4034_11_of_11.jpg

HTH,

Andre 

Edited by Hook

Having seen the 22's flying out of lakenheath last year I'd hate to try and recreate a realistic look in model form. It seems every shape and panel is a different metallic colour which just so happens to change depending on which angle you view from and where the natural light is coming from.

On top of all that you have the basic camo scheme that kind of fades in and out of view, again depending on what angle you're looking at it.

it's a very very strange affect that they've achieved which is undoubtedly down to the stealth coatings.

google "lakenheath F-22" to get an idea what I'm on about.