End of year cabinet display

Good evening everyone,will get in slightly early and wish you all a happy and prosperous new year.

Although i don't get the time to build as much as i would like to,due to the size of this years builds i found the need to purchase another display cabinet which i thought i would post a few pictures of along with my original one.Everything in them is 1/48 and have all been posted individually over the last few years.

Currently awaiting on the bench i have an airfix javelin and an old monogram catalina to get my teeth into,much to my dismay i cam see another cabinet coming later this year,1/48 for everything may have been a bit ambitious.

All the best,Chris

DSCN4813_zpsq68viipx.jpg

DSCN4821_zpson0cyzxv.jpg

DSCN4824_zps25yhkgxi.jpg

DSCN4814_zps0jxvii6f.jpg

DSCN4815_zpshrqawwxi.jpg

DSCN4816_zpstz99fyp6.jpg

DSCN4818_zpstzvkvnlq.jpg

DSCN4819_zpslixfqt2w.jpg

DSCN4820_zpsazt8yzrx.jpg

DSCN4822_zpsr6jtpsfq.jpg

DSCN4823_zpszlkitqka.jpg

• Like 36

5 hours ago, hurricane39 said:

Lovely builds.  Is the F14 the old Revell kit?

Yes it is the old revell kit.

10 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

I'm currently in the market for more display space. Would you mind mentioning the brand, source, and (if you're comfortable with it) price of the unit? Many thanks!

The cabinets were sourced through ebay although I actually went to the warehouse in Stowmarket to pick up.The company was Alpha plus shopfitters but if you search for shop display cabinets there are plenty on there.The cost was about £200 each and they are 1200mm long.

2 hours ago, Stuflyer said:

I don't normally go for Chinooks, but that one is fantastic: can you give us some more info, like Kit, markings and so on?

Thanks - great work there.

Hi Stuflyer,the chinook was  a revell kit I found on ebay built oob.The only change I made was not using the red kit decals which I looked at and thought would be hard to use them and make it look good,so I brush painted.I also added the snatch landrover just for something different.

DSCN3564_zpsolqzbdwo.jpg

DSCN3569_zpsuxzjg3il.jpg

Top notch display! 

I really think that having a display cabinet of some type (or multiple thereof) is a great way to maintain commitment and inspiration in the hobby.

Otherwise it can be deflating to finish that wonderful build and then have to seek out a spot to display it; while remaining safe from the "dust monster" or "little monsters" or over-enthusiastic inspections (.....hey, does this bit move?) or aggressive cleaners/dusters.

Just my opinion. :)