air brush for complete beginner

scots nobby

Hi,

We actually recommend the compressors we stock.  

But  have said to a number of people wanting to start who are on a tight budget, that a compressor like the AS186 should be cheaper than using air cans even if it only lasts 6 months.   But throw away the airbrushes supplied with it and buy a decent quality starter brush like the H&S Ultra.

We do also say to check the warranty of the compressor. I have seen some with a 3 months warranty, that gives me no faith in any product.

I can't see any warranty mentioned on this one.

Paul

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, little-cars said:

Hi,

We actually recommend the compressors we stock.  

But  have said to a number of people wanting to start who are on a tight budget, that a compressor like the AS186 should be cheaper than using air cans even if it only lasts 6 months.   But throw away the airbrushes supplied with it and buy a decent quality starter brush like the H&S Ultra.

We do also say to check the warranty of the compressor. I have seen some with a 3 months warranty, that gives me no faith in any product.

I can't see any warranty mentioned on this one.

Paul

Sorry Paul I misunderstood, thanks 

As a starting aurbrush this kit is aa good one espiye the warranty on the compressor its a great little starter kit. My partner bought me this one for christmas and i cant wait to get it fres up. For the prkce its a bargain and when you can afford it you can always upgrade to a better brush and compressor.

I had a similar compressor to this one when I first started, although I paid around £130 for it, so a bit more money. To be really honest it wasn't terrible but I wished I'd saved the money and put it towards something better to start with. It couldn't provide the air fast enough and I was using it quicker than the compressor was making it, so I was constantly waiting. It was also very noisy. My thoughts would be to start with a decent compressor and save your money. But it depends what you want/need from it...

• Like 1