This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vadim

How to get rid of pinned topics?

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I tried to find an answer through the FAQ and other forum areas and didn't find it... Did anyone come across a pinned topic (from old version)?.. I still got some of those pinned topics and can't un-pin them. Are there any solutions? They always come first on top with a green pin symbol... Help me please :wall:

2 people like this

Yes I get this too. Did you find a solution?

john.

You can't get rid of pinned topics, the moderating team have pinned them as they are deemed useful to the membership. It doesn't take much to scroll down to the other topics.

1 person likes this

12 minutes ago, Shar2 said:

You can't get rid of pinned topics, the moderating team have pinned them as they are deemed useful to the membership. It doesn't take much to scroll down to the other topics.

Rrrriiight . Got it ok cool, thanks. :lol:

Interesting, 

I spent ages one day trying to get rid of the ones at the top of the aircraft WIP page as I thought I had somehow inadvertent pinned them. When I went to another forum that I had never before visited and their were already pinned topics the penny dropped and I realised that someone else had pinned them. Are the pinned topics there just as examples of the sort of things that should be in each forum? Is there anything special about them? 

We're working on an alternative system to pinning useful threads to the top of a section, as eventually you'll have to scroll pages just to get to the new stuff if we keep pinning things.  We've not yet thought it all through yet, so you'll have to continue looking at them for a bit longer, but we will get around to it eventually :)

roundtuitback.jpg

2 people like this

It's not really an issue now that I know what they are. As I say, they initially worried me as I thought I had done something to pin it there (and obviously I assumed they were only pinned on my log on not everyone's).