Dinky's Pocher Lamborghini Huracan

Dinky

Thank you Roy, gentlemen. i will contact eaglemoss. the store where i placed the order did not take a deposit and i am a client for a long time.  Strange it looks like they sell it peacemeal and not in one box ?!!

2 hours ago, Mikeymo said:

Next kits I'm buying will be the Tamiya 1/12 Ferrari Enzo and Porsche Carerra.

Agreed Tamiya makes great quality, soon am starting one of the F1's

So i just picked up my red Huracan from the post office. Tons of parts, seems to be more than the Adventador?

Anyway, how does one do an inventory? I couldn't find an itemized parts/spru description in the assembly manual?

5 minutes ago, parryj said:

So i just picked up my red Huracan from the post office. Tons of parts, seems to be more than the Adventador?

Anyway, how does one do an inventory? I couldn't find an itemized parts/spru description in the assembly manual?

Dumb me. I just went back and started reading through the post, and saw Dinky had posted a utube showing the unboxing. Stay tuned, I'll report out on my inventory, and If I can see any seriously bent / damaged parts.

Parts L - 08, 09, 10 & 11 are completely missing?.

I'm also missing these parts, but I think everyone does, because those parts are not used?. I could not find the parts in the manual (my build is as far as page 25).

Henk

1 hour ago, HeKa48 said:

What parts are these?

I had some leftovers with the Ducati also that where not in the manual.

I now know where they can go :-)

I checked my kit - all spru's are there and the cast metal pieces look decent. Paint is not the best, buildup on some edges and one door is a little wavy, but I wouldn't be able to do better so i'll leave as is.

On 22/02/2017 at 10:16 PM, HeKa48 said:

I'm also missing these parts, but I think everyone does, because those parts are not used?. I could not find the parts in the manual (my build is as far as page 25).

Henk

Wow, really?

The Avantador I built, it had spare parts but not missing parts. With the Aventador I could have chosen left or right hand drive. No such option with the Huracan, and I didn't expect there to be parts intentionally left off the sprue.

Anyway, the Hornby guy didn't confirm or deny this, he just asked which parts I required and my shipping address. Still no ETA given.

I'll keep you guys posted with what actually turns up :)

On 2/23/2017 at 3:23 PM, Mikeymo said:

Wow, really?

The Avantador I built, it had spare parts but not missing parts. With the Aventador I could have chosen left or right hand drive. No such option with the Huracan, and I didn't expect there to be parts intentionally left off the sprue.

Anyway, the Hornby guy didn't confirm or deny this, he just asked which parts I required and my shipping address. Still no ETA given.

I'll keep you guys posted with what actually turns up :)

Just checked, the 4 pcs are also missing from my kit. Looks like they were removed prior to packaging at the factory.

Well I was looking in to buying a Pocher kit possibly Ducati, but I've already built 1/12 Tamiya kit, so I'd probably like a Lamborghini, but the Huracan looks like that'll be off the list. 

So please tell me, those in the know, is the Aventador any good??

Edited by cookiezoom

1 hour ago, Adamb691 said:

The aventador is great in my experience. 50% through my build. Just starting some led mods. I can recommend it. 

Which model have you got? Where did you purchase it from? Have you posted any pics?

I have the roadster in blue. Posted my build here. Have some progress not yet on this post as the rear body is assembled and I modified it to make it removable. Will have to get around to uploading the pics soon!

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the quality of the Lamborghini Aventador matte black is like. 

It's like you've all said. I can't justify £500 on something that isn't 100% mint condition. With minimal imperfections. I'd have to save for it but I'd like the matte one or the blue roadster. I daren't tell my hubby this as he'll say "......", well he wouldn't he'd probably just collapse or drop dead. 

Unfortunately you live in the UK because there's a seller on eBay here in the US that is selling the black Aventador for $459 with free shipping. He's been selling them for a long time and they are steadily getting lower in price. I think that you guys have a VAT so the savings can get eaten up by that. The Aventador is a nice kit but, because it's a new super car a lot of the details get hidden underneath other parts. Roy's build a few years ago shows how to make the rear section removable which allows you to show off some of the details. Good luck with your pursuit!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, larchiefeng said:

Roy's build a few years ago shows how to make the rear section removable which allows you to show off some of the details

Do you know where this post is? I'd love to see it

26 minutes ago, cookiezoom said:

Do you know where this post is? I'd love to see it

Should be this one

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice work, and beautiful photography. I've built the Blue Aventador, and they are strikingly similar in construction, both as a model and as an automobile, but the Huracan seems to be more detailed - gas tank hoses, suspension, radiator hoses, wrinkle finish valve covers, etc. Are they in the kit, or did you add them? Either way, well done.

bp