Dinky's Pocher Lamborghini Huracan

Dinky

Yesterday I received the Lamborghini Huracan from Pocher, going to start with it soon and I will share the progress if people are interested.

My first impression is good, the color is amazing (does not show good in picture) The parts also look very nice, like the wheels, chairs etc. Currently the only exception is the plastic color so all the grey will be resprayed, this looks really cheap.

Also most of the black parts will be done with Zero Paints.

Enough talk, time for some pictures:D
IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6475.jpg
IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_6483.jpg
IMG_6479.jpg
IMG_6484.jpg
IMG_6485.jpg
IMG_6478.jpg
IMG_6486.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

Edited by Dinky
Tags added
  • Like 1

Wow dinky the colour looks great (even if you don't think it's comes across good on camera) and I agree the grey plastic looks similar to what you would get in a revell kit. The suspension parts look very clean though. 

Shaun 

Those are some very detailed engine parts! I like that they made the shocks out of metal on this one.  The Aventador had similar "wavy" gray parts too so it must be a manufacturing issue.  Did they prepaint the air box?  On my orange Aventador I had to paint the lambo script on, but future versions they preprinted the script on.  I am curious if they painted the full piece or just the script.

the kit looks great! I am looking forward to your build

Rich

Thanks guys.

@ Rich only the script is painted not the whole piece unfortunately. Not sure if im going to paint it, it does look very sharp now.

Interestingly the center console comes painted completely with the logo's printed on the buttons. Also the brake calipers and the brake disc's come painted, the look nice. 
The metal suspension feels solid and looks nice too, the only thing in the metal stuff that feels a bit weak is the steering house.

• Like 1

Looks really good.

I'm looking forward to seeing your build.

I was sadly disappointed personally when this one was announced, having finished the Aventador.

Far too similar.

I had been hoping for (anything?) a bit more 'classic' - even the Miura would have still been Lambo.

Anyway - let's see your build!

Ahh great to see a build of the Huracan. I will be following this.

First pictures show nice finish on the body and wheels.

Happy new year for everyone!

Thanks for the info Adamb691, that's good to know!

Today I started cutting stuff from the sprues and I quickly realized that i'm missing one complete sprue... :o
The whole E sprue is missing, this contains all the parts for the inside roof and parts to attach the firewall and some more. Unbelievable that this happens with such an expensive kit.... I thought I overlooked it first, but I checked everything multiple times and its really not included :blink:

I found an Unboxing video on Youtube, the sprue i'm missing is showed at 2:56 left bottom corner for the ones interested, going to phone call Horny tomorrow to see how we can get get this solved

• Like 1

On 31 December 2016 at 3:21 PM, Dinky said:

Fellow builders, does anyone know if the Aventador seats are made from rubber also?
Im a bit scared of painting these, the paint might crack when putting them into the back?

Thanks!

Dinky,

I sprayed my Aventador seats with Tamiya acrylic to give a two tone effect, you have to be very careful with the handling afterwards but it did work out ok.

regards

Keith.

Hornby had good customer service for the Aventador and stocked plenty of spares. Hopefully that carries over for your Huracan Dinky. Thanks for sharing the video. The part count is way higher on the huracan.  I am curious where the extra parts are or if they are just counting the screws too. 

On 1-1-2017 at 10:39 PM, Mpfiend said:

Dinky,

I sprayed my Aventador seats with Tamiya acrylic to give a two tone effect, you have to be very careful with the handling afterwards but it did work out ok.

regards

Keith.

Thanks Keith, going to give it a try.

On 1-1-2017 at 11:23 PM, rjfk2002 said:

Hornby had good customer service for the Aventador and stocked plenty of spares. Hopefully that carries over for your Huracan Dinky. 

Yeah I hope they have the missing sprue in stock and that I dont have to wait weeks.

Hi dinky 

Now you make me Scary haha.

I also have The huracan, But did  not checked If it is complete.

Fingers crossed! And i hope That You have Your sprue fast!

( scaletech, a Belgium company told me That things was not going oké At hornby and That it is not sure If The yellow huracan wil be released. The 300 sl is not coming accounting to them )

Many regards Cliff 

Hi Cliff,

I'm pretty sure that my case is an human mistake, not an production issue on the Huracan.

Yours must be in the box for sure.

I called Horny and the shop where I bought it so fingers crossed indeed.
Currently I feel a bit as I'm in a pillar to post situation between Hornby, the shop where I bought it and the Dutch Pocher importer.

To be continued, in the meantime starting with some other parts :D

Greetings
Arno

On 1/3/2017 at 5:55 PM, Cliff wielinga said:

I also have The huracan, But did  not checked If it is complete.

Cliff did you checked yours?

I called Hornby last tuesday, they told me to open an spares enquiry so I did right away. I had not heard back from them so I gave them a call this morning and found that they didn't do anything with my enquiry so far.....

The guy on the phone forwarded my request to the correct department now, hopefully this goes faster. I'm not a really fast builder but it feels this is gone take long before I have the missing parts :blink:

Edited by Dinky

Hi dinky !

Yes i checked it yesterday 

Seems to be all there !

The guy on The YouTube video has 33 bags in The upper box and i also 

Sprue E is there.

Dinky did you also noticed some slight Color difference between The body and The Sprue with side skirts and The Sprue with The mirrors etc  ( Sprue  Z )

Many regards Cliff 

Hi Cliff,

Good to hear that yours is complete!
Returning mine and getting another is no option anymore.

The Ducati also has disturbing color differences between the metal and plastic parts, I really hoped this was not the case with the Huracan.

I haven't checked mine yet, but its probably the same as yours and the Duc.

Did you noticed there is a design failure in the seats, the back does not align with the front part in the opening of the headrest. The whole on the back is not only way to big but also to far up.
Some work to do here ;)

IMG_6572.jpg

I could get my left seat to fit properly into the back part, I found that the back part is twisted. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

I also noticed one of my metal parts from the chassis is twisted, bend, damaged, whatever we name it.

The bottom part should be straight and the right wing also, like the left one.

IMG_6581.jpg

IMG_6575.jpg

If you you look from the side it looks like a mess also, the sides dont line up at all.

IMG_6585.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg

I hope yours is better :D

Whats your opinion about the finish quality of the aluminium parts?

Well at least Pocher (Hornby) are consistent in their quality control....deaf/dumb and blind!

Issues with the Aventador....the Ducati....now it seems the Hurican as well.

If I had payed full price for the Ducati...I would have returned it....by hand....!

A great shame....you certainly got a bum deal with yours :(

Ron

To be honest I expected Pocher learned from the mistakes with the Ducati, but it seem they didn’t.
In my humble opinion any kit in this price range should be perfectly fine.

I don’t mind removing mold lines, filling sink marks and repainting plastics, but the pre-painted metal parts should be fine. At least no burr formation, damages or twisted/bend parts.
I have no experience with the Aventador but the Huracan chassis parts are full with burr formation, like small saw blades on all the beams. 
Also noticed the soft pieces of both seats have been cut, instead of cutting the molding part (cast) they cut the seat itself.
This is not something that can be filled\repaired easily as it’s a rubber material.
IMG_6604.jpg IMG_6605.jpg

The more I think about it, the worse my feeling gets. I’m not even sure if this box is complete when I have the missing sprue.
I paid huge amount of money for this so called “high quality kit” and I only get frustrated about it, disappointment after disappointment.

They should be ashamed...

I Am going to check ASAP If mine is not bend etc.

Indeed really ridicilouss with these prices 

Also it is not The First time That a New box is damage de

My aventador and ducati boxes where ridiciloussly damaged 

Just like they throw with The boxes...

Real shame

My outside box was damaged also, but the inside box looked ok. 

Sad to hear your is damaged too, that is really bad. I hope its not too bad??

As Ron already mentioned, no quality control or final check whatever at Pocher production.

I just called Horny/Pocher to share my findings and frustration, they advised me to return it to the shop where I bought it so that is what i'm going to do.

• Like 1