Airfix 1/72 Henschel Hs 126

IMG_2411_zpsabaezpkp.jpg

All the way from 1977, its says on the box. My first completed kit in a while and a real mojo booster.

IMG_2407_zpsrk9daray.jpg

A nice kit for its age and vintage, the kit built up with no issues ootb, I brush painted it with Humrol acrylics, applying a  number of thin white washes over the base coat of dunkelgrun.

IMG_2409_zpsj2tnnk5q.jpg

Top view showing the rear gunner/observer who is a Revell figure. The original kit has a bloke holding a camera pointing straight down, which is fine if you are displaying it in flight.

IMG_2406_zpsan3baicf.jpg

Opposite view showing the original kit transfers (including the swastika) which still worked after 40 odd years in the box!!

IMG_2404_zps4o4hvzn8.jpg

IMG_2405_zps0dsfepnk.jpg

And there we have it, mojo restored thanks to all the brilliant builds I have been following on BM. I have a few more nearing completion in the

pipeline, and having managed to post this I will try and squeeze in a couple more before end of year. Thanks for looking, and comments welcome.

Cheers Greg.

Edited by GREG DESTEC
Spelling
  • Like 50

44 minutes ago, BerndM said:

Old scool modelling at its finest ! Lovely build and a very conving finish.

You nailed these winter white washes, done with brushes by much !

:wow::clap2:

Hi Bernd, hope you had a good Christmas mate. Thank you for the kind comment. Cheers Greg:thumbsup:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CedB said:

Great result Greg - weathering and washes perfect to my eye - good job and I'm glad you got your mojo back :) 

Thanks Ced, much appreciated. I got  inspired by your fab builds. Cheers Greg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Hi Bernd, hope you had a good Christmas mate. Thank you for the kind comment. Cheers Greg:thumbsup:

It was a very busy Christmas but i hope to present my Spitfire soon. The eye of the camera isn t my friend anymore<_<

Cheers

Bernd

B)

• Like 1

A real classic and a beautiful result.

The result for a brush painted model with acrylics (I hate the little blighters!) is rather stunning.

Congrats and a Happy New Year!

JR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

A great looking Henschel.  I really like the paintwork.  A bit surprised Airfix haven't re-released this one. 

Thanks very much Meatbox8. Yes, I'm puzzled why Air fix haven't revisited this one, as you can see from the box top it was"new" back in '77. Maybe it didn't sell well. Cheers Greg

1 hour ago, WildeSau75 said:

Nice build of this "old school" Luftwaffe bird. Great result for brush painting.

Cheers,

Michael

Thanks Michael! It turned out better than I expected. Usually the whitewash effect doesn't work well for me but this one looks not too bad. Cheers Greg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jean said:

A real classic and a beautiful result.

The result for a brush painted model with acrylics (I hate the little blighters!) is rather stunning.

Congrats and a Happy New Year!

JR

Hi Jean, thanks for you kind comment. Happy New year to you too when it comes. Cheers Greg

Nice model.

I'm discerning a pattern here - brush painting an old Airfix or Matchbox classic is seen as an enjoyable stress reliever or mojo booster.

So why on earth do we put ourselves through the agonies associated with modern state-of-the-art kits, with all that complicated markings research, mind-boggling paint mixing and heart-in-the mouth airbrushing? :lol:

• Like 2

Lovely stuff Greg, it's great seeing this oldies being built, as  some certainly have stood the test of time relatively well.

Very nicely done,

Sean

• Like 1

Congratulations Greg

Many of us have one of these stalled on the shelf of doom, seeing yours should motivate many of us to rescue it to try to emulate what you have achieved. Happy Hogmanay when it comes. :cheers:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Nice model.

I'm discerning a pattern here - brush painting an old Airfix or Matchbox classic is seen as an enjoyable stress reliever or mojo booster.

So why on earth do we put ourselves through the agonies associated with modern state-of-the-art kits, with all that complicated markings research, mind-boggling paint mixing and heart-in-the mouth airbrushing? :lol:

I think you're right about that Ian. These straightforward kits give nice results without worrying over the fine details because there isn't any! Accordingly you get a quick sense of achievement when completing one. This has certainly boosted my enthusiasm for active building rather than just thinking about it. I enjoy the more complicated stuff too but sometimes a quickie like this is rather refreshing. Thanks for your kind comments. Cheers Greg

1 hour ago, sean said:

Lovely stuff Greg, it's great seeing this oldies being built, as  some certainly have stood the test of time relatively well.

Very nicely done,

Sean

Thanks Sean!  The Airfix Hs 126 isn't one you see often these days but has a lot of nice touches. Worth tracking down if you like the subject matter. Cheers Greg

• Like 1