F-8E(FN) Hasegawa 1/48

Hello folks,

This is an Aéronavale Crusader maintained in service from 1964 to 1999. As  I couldn't find any 1/48 Hasegawa F-8E(FN) or F-8J I started from a F-8E. The main modification was engraving the slats and enlarging the horizontal stabilizer. The cockpit is from Aires and the decals from Berna. The white color on the horizontal stabilizers were Teflon adhesive bands used during the last years.

I must admit it is not the most colorful paint scheme for a Crusader but I like it.

860043f8efn1.jpg

402515f8efn3.jpg

329268f8efn2.jpg

367262IMG8045.jpg

941215IMG7881.jpg

Cheers

• Like 31

Looking very good! 

What about a training round of a Matra Magic missile in blue to add some color? L'arsenal has them :)

Yeah Hasegawa crusaders in general an the FN in particular are a bit hard to source lately... :(

Nice one……How did you find the Aires cockpit ?. I have one of these to build but since the Aires resin cockpit is one of the 'older generation' kits from them, I am concerned about fit. The A-4 and F-104 pits for the respective Hasegawa kits were very difficult to fit and necessitated removing large quantities of plastic from the donor kits.

You have done a nice job on this Aeronavale Crusader…….I didn't know about the teflon bands either….learn something new every day, as they say.

Well Done !  

Thanks for your comments

How did you find the Aires cockpit

It is really beautiful, of course I had to thin a lot the fuselage. Most of the time I carefully use a Dremel tool.

422136cockpit2.jpg

482729siege.jpg

the subject

Edited by Greg B
Airliners.net image removed
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Antoine said:

Well done, beautiful Crouze!!

Remind me of a certain video.

Must be a Crouze from Down Under!

Thats got to have been a 'stunt'…..no-one bounces a jet that many times unless its deliberate or he had a problem…..though I notice what looked like at least one tyre burst late on in the clip.

Edited by Greg B
repeated video removed

Ahhh the F-8's at Fairford, only time I ever saw them fly was at that show, couldn't believe just how long the afterburner 'cone' was, almost as long as the aircraft.

The model is fantastic, love the finish and the blue/grey tone looks perfect to my eye. Great model, sir.

Ian.

Great video..I remember seeing pilot Phillippe Deglatejeune nudging the sound barrier at Fairford 1987, absolutely superb demo. First time I saw Aeronavale F-8E's was Yeovilton back in 1971 when a two ship of 12F performed opposition rolls with gear down and in reheat. These aircraft were finished in the light gull grey scheme of the day...extremely noisy and very impressive.....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Antoine said:

Well done, beautiful Crouze!!

Remind me of a certain video.

Must be a Crouze from Down Under!

Wow!... impressive! Looks likeca flap issue  as well ( around 1:10)

Edited by Greg B
repeated video removed