Dragon Saladin

DWC1968

Hi all, this is my second ever shooty thing, I'm reasonably pleased with it and tried out quite a few various techniques that you kindly members and my club have shared, so learnt a lot of how to and a lot more how not to's. As always comments, tips and advice is welcome and appreciated.

Cheers Dave.

DSCF3534_zpsru4eg1n9.jpg

DSCF3532_zpsdlcw6hzd.jpg

DSCF3531_zpskddbzckn.jpg

DSCF3530_zpstkqvcets.jpg

DSCF3528_zps311lelrq.jpg

DSCF3527_zpszzvl8k4c.jpg

DSCF3526_zpspysicjvh.jpg

DSCF3525_zpszh73posn.jpg

DSCF3524_zpstcv9h609.jpg

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, KAYELL said:

Very nice Dave

Well constructed, painted and based

I particularly like the subtle tonal variations(big words for me) for the green on the vehicle.

Good job

Cheers

Keith

Thank you Keith,

The subtle tonal was something I had no idea of and was a tip from a friend of mine, oh yeah it was you lol

Cheers Dave.

• Like 2

I like that, big plusses for me were the subtle tonal variation, the understated dust and the lack of chipping- It's a big bugbear of mine, the way some modellers 'chip' their models into to a state where it looks like it's in the scrapyard. Equally, postwar models should be relatively clean and free of rust streaks. I think you've got it about right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brailledave said:

I like that, big plusses for me were the subtle tonal variation, the understated dust and the lack of chipping- It's a big bugbear of mine, the way some modellers 'chip' their models into to a state where it looks like it's in the scrapyard. Equally, postwar models should be relatively clean and free of rust streaks. I think you've got it about right.

Thank you for the comment, I'm glad you like it and the just a little mucky look that I was trying to go for on this kit.

Cheers Dave.

Great build the there Dave this looks a very nice kit OOB

and you have done a cracking job with the base just brings it all together you should be well pleased with this little cracker  :goodjob:

Beefy

• Like 1

My father used to drive one of these (and later commanded) and often came down our quiet suburban cul-de-sac and let us kids clamber all over it. In fact, your commander looks very much like he did back in the late 60's early 70's.

Whilst you haven't quite got the correct shade of green (it should be a couple of shades darker) you've done a neat paint job and a tidy build and I do like it a lot.

btw, I can't tell if the evergreen 'shrubs' you've planted are fake or real, but if real you'll find that they will die, dry out, turn brown and fall to bits over time. Ironically, if you'd used pre-dried evergreen from the outset, had painted it green and sprayed it with acrylic varnish, that would have been better. For future projects, have a look at 'Sea foam'. It makes realistic bushes, shrubs and trees, is cheap and, being pre-dried, is very long lasting.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Badder said:

My father used to drive one of these (and later commanded) and often came down our quiet suburban cul-de-sac and let us kids clamber all over it. In fact, your commander looks very much like he did back in the late 60's early 70's.

Whilst you haven't quite got the correct shade of green (it should be a couple of shades darker) you've done a neat paint job and a tidy build and I do like it a lot.

btw, I can't tell if the evergreen 'shrubs' you've planted are fake or real, but if real you'll find that they will die, dry out, turn brown and fall to bits over time. Ironically, if you'd used pre-dried evergreen from the outset, had painted it green and sprayed it with acrylic varnish, that would have been better. For future projects, have a look at 'Sea foam'. It makes realistic bushes, shrubs and trees, is cheap and, being pre-dried, is very long lasting.

Rearguards,

Badder

Hi Badder, thanks for the comment and the advice, I'm a tad gutted I have the green wrong but know for future builds

Those 'bushes' are rubber, painted green then flicked with a yellow on the odd leaf and then lightly coated in matt varnish, they will probably outlast the model lol.

I will have a look at sea foam as always keen to find something I didn't know about.

Cheers Dave

• Like 1

14 hours ago, beefy66 said:

Great build the there Dave this looks a very nice kit OOB

and you have done a cracking job with the base just brings it all together you should be well pleased with this little cracker  :goodjob:

Beefy

Cheers mate, I enjoyed this one and trying out a bit of base building, learning all the time.

Dave.

• Like 1