1/48 Airfix RN Buccaneer. 801 NAS tanker.

Hi everyone.......wow, thanks, I'm glad you like it.  Thank you all for your feedback, much appreciated.

As much as I love Blackburn's finest, my Buccaneer odysey is over for the time being. Tonight, I'm going to spring clean the bench and spray booth; sort through the leftovers of this build, and prepare for a nice and simple OOB build.......I hope. :)

I've sorted the nose wheel issue, I rolled it forward slightly to get the flat bit at the bottom.  But the flat bits of the mainwheels are now no longer on the bottom....:whistle:

• Like 1

Hello,Gaz - I'm delighted to read the plaudits that your magnificent 'Buccaneer' builds so richly deserve.

What can I add? They're simply superb in every respect.I love them.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark4700 said:

Forgot to ask, did you make the engine covers or did they come with the kit?

Hi, all of the blanks came from the Flightpath etch set. It's a very comprehensive set and I used bits of it both aircraft.

Cheers

Gaz

Happy New Year everyone !

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thanks again for your comments and 'likes'.  I'd say there's a bit of an FAA fanbase out there ;)

A bit more info about the build for you.

The top colour is a mix of Tamiya XF77:50 and XF8:6 (which I then lightened a smidgen afterwards); a slight adaptation of an EDSG blend I saw elsewhere on the forum.  I don't know how accurate a match it is but I've mixed up a whole pot so that I'll at least have continuity with my future Sea Vixen an Sea Harrier (Sorry boys, my FG.1 is going to be a 43 Sqn kite......in grey and green)

For the white I tried Alclad white primer and microfiller.  It covered pretty well and I'm pretty happy with the results. All of it was topped off with a coat of Kleer, which I also used to settle down the decals,

I spent ages checking on the generic Mod state against details on blackburn-buccaneer.co.uk but the photo of the actual aircraft was gold.

As I said previously, that's my Buccaneer itch well and truly scratched............until the 1/32 version comes out.  Then I'll build a 16 Sqn jet :D

Happy new year

Cheers

Gaz

Edited by kiwitrogg
finger trouble