Galeria Satin/Matt Varnish

beetcleaner

Can someone tell me what to thin Galeria Matt and Satin Varnish with to give the best results? I am using a Badger 200 suction feed airbrush and use it around 20 psi.

Is water OK or do I need to use a Galeria acryllic thinner? Also what would I use for cleaning the airbrush afterwards. Its going onto a coat of Klear (the new stuff)

Thanks for any advice

HI- I have used both matt and satin versions of this make and can recommend both. I find that I don't have to thin them very much. I use 4 parts varnish to 1 part water. Mix well and use an airbrush with a fairly wide nozzle ' I use a 

0.5. It is also best if you give more than 1 layer of the varnish, leaving about 24 hours between coats.

I wash out the brush with standard brush cleaner such as Ultimate.

• Like 1

Winsor and Newton Flow Improver.

Works a treat on any acrylic paint I've used.

Dead cheap and a bottle will last for years.

The Galeria looks a thick varnish, but needs very little thinning to go through a 0.5mm brush.

Rick.

I use it straight from the bottle with a hairy stick, make sure not to overload it, make sure you brush it through and that the varnish is at least room temperature (for those of us that inhabit sheds etc) clean it up with warm water. Brilliant stuff.