Help a novice on his return to the hobby im stuck, thanks!

degsye39

Evening all, first post so hello, hope you are all well.

I seem to have a slight issue with my revell  1:72 me109 g-10, it does seem to be a bit of a duff kit with flash galore and a quite poorly fitting fuselage.

I’ve only been back to the hobby around a month and this is my first foray into kit building since the 1990’s.

The exhaust ports on my 109 are fine one side and badly formed the other I know on a g-10 me109 the manifold should have a shroud above on one side, mine had a small lump of plastic and a malformed hole which I attempted to sand and salvage somehow, quite badly it seems.

I’d like to scratch build the exhaust shroud and reform the curved section where the manifold comes through, could any of you gents give me some insight into how I could achieve this? I was thinking along the lines of milliput or maybe trying to scratch build a small part using flat plastic (I do recall seeing such things but this would of been in d.hewins Grimsby around about 1997)

Thank you and kind regards!

what im after!

535xn6.jpg

the kit

taq7gm.jpg

ps, if this is i the wrong place i apologise! 

:)

Edited by degsye39

Too thin for milliput.

I've done this on other kits.

A bit of very thin plastic card, 10 thou [0.25mm], cut to length and width to cover exhaust outways and down, plus more on the inside to glue onto the inside of the fuselage. Score lightly so you can bend it, put through the hole and use the exhaust stubs to help hold in place

To repair the curved forward edge, glue on a small bit of plasitic card and gently file/sand the curve into it.

On the photo you can see the metal sits proud of the lower metal so a thin bit of plastic card there won't look amiss.

For small bits of thin plastic you might get some from the flash.

Yogurt tubs, vac formed bun trays are useful sources for thin plastic if you don't have plastic card.

• Like 4