Revell Handley Page Victor 1/72

Hi everyone, 

Sorry it's not the all new shiny Airfix Victor but the rather old clunky Matchbox/Revell moulding, but after six months of fettling, upgrading and scratch building I'm quite pleased with the results.

The main addition was the Flightpath set which includes resin intakes, a large photo-etch sheet and various white metal parts. CMR set provided the resin wheels and the RAT scoops,  Master the pitot tubes and re-fuelling probe. I also added new jet pipes as the kit ones were pretty bad, these were turned from stainless steel and heat treated to give a hot scorched metal look.

For the paints I used Halfords appliance white for the underside and Xtracolor enamel for the camo, this sealed with Alclad semi gloss and finished with pastel chalks.

For those of you interested and if you have a couple of hours spare, here is a link to the WIP.:winkgrin:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004307-revell-hp-victor/&

Thanks for looking, gazza l

026_zpssqekqhjh

027_zpsfbfx1fmm028_zpsghmb7hlm

031_zpsvatdqoes

033_zpsi3birl6a

035_zps4lddghzb (1)

041_zpskslbclip

042_zpssrgxrnu6

044_zpsblolhvoq (1)

038_zps0sjdc7qt

Edited by gazza l
  • Like 72

That is just supurb!! 

Only yesterday I took another look at my MB Victor and quickly put it back... but these photos have revived my interest once again. I'll take a look at the WIP a little later, however I'm sure that many long and late hours have gone into converting this hunk of plastic into this classic masterpiece. 

IMO, this kit is that good - that Airfix could use it for a 2017 promo to advertise their new K.2 kit!! 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 1

Wow, impressive, inspiring! Who would not be inspired to tackle an old mould kit !? 

Can not decide what i like more, the excellent builds of the new airfix vic here in the forum  or yours.... it's on par with them !   ROBOT...

Marvellous model. A really great example of what can be done with the Matchbox kit - I've got an Airfix Victor (thanks Santa!) but I still plan to build the Matchbox kit that's in the stash, and if I do it half as well as you have I'll be happy. 

• Like 1

An outstanding bit of modelling.  If you'd said this was the new Airfix kit I would have thought what a great conversion, but the fact that this is the old Matchbox kit just shows what a terrific job you've done.

Not much else I can say that hasn't already been said. Really great stuff Gary. I thoroughly enjoyed the WIP and I will be making use of pipes I bought from you in mine when I get to it. Really inspirational build mate. 

so, what's next?

Si

• Like 1

Brilliant! Just goes to show what can be done with the only show in town. Thanks to Airfix we don't need to go to such lengths, bur suffice to say we did have a good Victor all along if you wanted to put in the effort, which you certainly have. A great tribute to the "art" of modeling.  Well done.

Amazing work. An absolutely stunning model - and from a venerable old Matchbox kit too.

I love how you did the jet pipes.

And yes, that head-on photo is really menacing!

• Like 1

Outstanding ! What a great looking Victor :goodjob:you have worked wonders with this classic MB kit, if (when) Airfix release the K.2 this is the version I would like to do.

Congratulations on a lovely Victor.

Guy

Edited by F4u

Gazza mate, that has to be the best 1/72 Victor I have ever seen. You should really take a stab at the Airfix one sometime, you would do wonders with that kit. 

The weathering on this is perfect, the camo pattern is superb, and that Alclad final coat really seals the deal mate. The engine exhausts and the detail on the rear is phenomenal. I can go on and on, 

This is a masterpiece. Very well done sir!

• Like 1