Revell Handley Page Victor 1/72

Inspirational piece Gazza.

Great model, I can see the immense work n this one.

Rubbing chin, and thinking, I'd like a go at this kit, what a charismatic aircraft.

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Paul.

Considering the quality of the kit you started with, the end result is stunning and nothing short of miraculous!

Had you been paid by the hour, you'd be a rich man by now.

Congratulations!!!

JR

Only two minutes ago I posted in another thread asking what could be done with my two old Matchbox models in the stash now that the Airfix "replacement" is winging its way in my direction.  I have conversion sets for the beasties to earlier B1 and later bomber marks but all that work was putting me off on the basis that you still can't get a decent model out of it - well was I wrong!!  Stunning work to turn what is perhaps euphemistically called a difficult kit at best into a thing of beauty and perfection.  

Thanks very much for kind comments people, it made all the hard work worthwhile.

She now sits on the shelf next to my Airfix Vulcan XJ824, another old kit that needs a lot of work to bring it up to a decent standard. This means I will now have to build a Vickers Valiant to complete the trio of V-bombers, but for my next build I need something less demanding and oob.

Regards, gazza l 

14 hours ago, kiwitrogg said:

I love that head-on shot. Fantastic work on the old girl, probably the best build of the Matchbox kit that I've seen.

Cheers

Gaz

Thanks Gaz, 

I agree the Victor looks amazing head on, I've seen XM715 many time at Bruntinghthorpe and she always impresses me from this angle.

gazza l

really fantastic build! just when I had all but decided to bin my half-built MB one and go for Airfix, your build made me reconsider... if I can build mine half as good as yours, it would be an outstanding success :)

Superlatives have all but run out to describe this master build. My flabber is well and truly gahsted with what you have managed to do with this kit. Looking at the photo's of the finished article and I am transported back to the mid 70's and early 80's Marham flight line and the smell of burnt avtur from 4 Conways in my nostrils. As I have said in a previous post, it would only need 55 Squadron markings to make this fantastic rendition perfect.

Bob.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...