Choosing a kit for a 1:48 LN F-15C

snapper_city

Hi guys

I'm looking at doing a modern day 1:48 F-15C stationed at Lakenheath in the future and looking for kit options. Being a modern bird I guess I'm after a MSIP II kit? If so that leaves the options down to Academy and GWH according to Scalemates. 

Lastly the decal sheet I have from Caracal say to use dark grey FS36176 and Mod Eagle grey FS36251. Are these correct for a Lakenheath Eagle as I'm sure I remember the Europe Eagles are different shades to the US ones?

Thanks chaps.

The best F-15C is currently the GWH kit. Hasegawa would be second but depending on the issue of the kit you would possibly need a resin update for the MSIP parts (Wolfpack) The Academy kit has all the necessary parts but can require some work to get a good build.

The downside to the GWH kit is the UK cost and availability , price can be around £60. I would select this option especially as you're using aftermarket decals

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=GW-S4804 .

The paint colours are correct as the US and European based Eagles have the same paint scheme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

The best F-15C is currently the GWH kit. Hasegawa would be second but depending on the issue of the kit you would possibly need a resin update for the MSIP parts (Wolfpack) The Academy kit has all the necessary parts but can require some work to get a good build.

The downside to the GWH kit is the UK cost and availability , price can be around £60. I would select this option especially as you're using aftermarket decals

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=GW-S4804 .

The paint colours are correct as the US and European based Eagles have the same paint scheme.

Very informative, thanks Stephen. 

8 hours ago, snapper_city said:

Stephen, that link is for a Chinese version. The box has Chinese writing so I'm guessing the instructions will be in Chinese also. The normal boxings are another $10

I have one of the boxings, the history of the F-15 on the front page of the instructions is in Chinese but the  but the construction parts are in English.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KoenL said:

I do remember reading the boxing Stephen linked to does not provide GWH's own weapon sprues, but a pair from the Kinetic F-16.

I would be replacing the stores with Brassin missiles anyway so no issue there.