Scratchbuild - IL-14 1:72

That's such amazing work, but it's a shame that you can't see any of the interior. The whole aircraft is screaming for a base though. It deserves one.

great stuff

Edited by Madhatter
  • Like 1

Very impressive indeed. You made a strong entrance to BM - congratulations!

Similar is Il-14 preserved now in Dęblin (previously which was in Łódź)

http://gallery.may.net.pl/lotnictwo/muzea/prywatne-muzeum-w-lodzi/page/4/

She has also blue props - what looks a bit bizzare...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
correction of error
  • Like 2

Just went through your WIP thread and despite being unable to read polish I was absolutely blown away by the work you did to get to the finished product. Given this is in 1/72 scale the detailing was staggering especially your completely scatch built radial engines.

The painting and weathering on show was also amazingly well done I loved the rusted effect you achieved on the landing legs and the engine exhaust rings.

Great work!

• Like 1

This is amazing, real model making.  I went through the build thread just looking at the pictures since I can't read Polish.  What did you foil it with?  It appears to be something heavier than kitchen grade aluminum foil.  At what stage in the skinning process did you do the riveting? 

• Like 1

An absolute stunner, Ernest. It is a real credit to you. I can only admire such workmanship.

I love this shot. It tells you so much about your skills.

img_0862_1_by_grim_jester-d9ibfeh.jpg

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
add image
  • Like 3

Superb! :)

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, Rumblestripe said:

That is extraordinary Ernest.

Absolutely wonderful. Can I just ask, is that modelled in a non-flying condition? Obviously with so much of the aircraft in pieces it isn't going to be flying any time soon, but that staining and corrosion would put me off travelling in it! Completely convincingly done though. Bravo!

It would have a very HARD job flying with no material on the flaps or ailerons... ;)

• Like 1

Thank you for such a warm welcome. I worked on this model for three years, and I am very pleased that it received such high marks from you.
My model shows the plane in non-flying condition. I tried to recreate its appearance as it is seen on an exhibit at the White Eagle Museum, where it stood for many years (and still standing). As for displaying it, I'm building a display case with mirror on the floor. I don't have time and resources to  build a complicated diorama, besides I already started a new project that absorbed me completely.
Model is covered with aluminum sheets from beer cans. Rivets were made before placing metal sheet on the model:

img_6506_1_by_grim_jester-d805i8c.jpg

img_6512_1_by_grim_jester-d805iau.jpg

img_6516_1_by_grim_jester-d805icx.jpg

img_6518_1_by_grim_jester-d805ie8.jpg

img_6486_1_by_grim_jester-d7y1qsw.jpg

img_8151_1_by_grim_jester-d8z41zc.jpg

img_8249_1_by_grim_jester-d91tsew.jpg

img_7651_1_by_grim_jester-d8rn47a.jpg

img_6457_1_by_grim_jester-d7xfdqv.jpg

Kind regards,
Ernest

• Like 6