Fw-190F-8 Tribute to a modeller...

Hello Dears,

I will pay a tribute to a modeller, a great german militaria collector and a man of parole. (As he was tellin'it)

And above all, a great Rocker, rebel to the bone, he passed away last year, this one will be for Mr Lemmy Killmister.

I will listen to 1916 this evening, a great song about WWI.

Thank for all, Lemmy !

Here's a Tamiya Focke Wulf 190F-8, the building is straightforward, not many sanding, I did it aside of a Eduard 190A-6 from the Nachtjagd

WP_20161217_22_45_34_Pro

I changed the seat as usual, add the Eduard seatbelts.

WP_20161217_22_44_37_Pro

The putty on the wing is the result of a nice glued fingerprint. That still happen after so many modelling years:unsure:

WP_20161217_22_44_06_Pro

I add spark plug wiring, it is more an habit of mine, not very usefull since the cooling fan mask almost the whole engine, but...

WP_20161217_22_45_07_Pro

To be continued soon:blink:

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 8

Thank you Sir,

I'm looking at the would be He-111 on the "Bomber" album:D:lol:

A farewell to Phil "Phylty Animal" Taylor, he's just gone a little bit before Lemmy.... Just in caseB)

Let's hear "Overkill" once again and then 1916 once again too.

One of the most realistic song about the bloody '16.

He was a great singer whatever.

Sincerely

Corsaircorp

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dears,

A little surprise for you both.

I spent the evening in a museum as a special guest, so parts and authentic colours from the real thing ???

Any interest ??

Here we go

WP_20170108_15_09_03_Pro

This is from a crashed Fw 190 but look at the parts from the cowling.

I mean look more closelyB)

WP_20170108_15_08_50_Pro

Real Oxyd rot, Hellblau und RLM Gelb...

A little bit closer ???

WP_20170108_15_09_18_Pro

This one has crashed and did'nt burn, the clay as preserved the rest, add to all this a clever cleaning Und Voilà !!

Another 1/1 piece, it was a souvenir from the belgian Sqdn while they were in Germany.

The members has signed on a FW-190 prop blade, Sqdn Leader Raymond Lallemand on the top of course.

WP_20170108_14_45_44_Pro

WP_20170108_14_45_55_Pro

Hope that you'll enjoy a part of my evening through these pics.

See you later.

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hello Dears,

I will be a little bit less present in the next days, real life is calling.

I resume work after my surgeries, a bit too early I think since I'm tired to the bone.

The seminar week end in Germany (Marl und Recklinghausen) was not made to arrange it !:whistle:

Add to all that, I receive some parts and resumed work for my daughters bedroom.

I turn my old fashioned stone build gig house into an AA insulated house.

My Daughter has a good taste for colors, 2 walls in Med Sea Grey and 2 walls in Ocean Grey, see

WP_20170515_17_53_34_Pro

Insulation in the ceiling, in the floor and in the walls, and since I've done it ... 18°C even without heating !

Forced air circulation, brand new wiring

WP_20170515_17_53_13_Pro

Acoustic insulation for the heavy metal wich is not, by no means the cup of tea of Mrs Corsaircorp !:penguin:

WP_20170515_17_52_51_Pro

Will be great !

Today, I spend some time with my Fw 190s

The Spiralschnauze is done and I'm glad about it

WP_20170517_21_31_55_Pro

Will be painted soon,

WP_20170517_21_32_18_Pro

The paint scheme of this one will be a bit unusual, just the way I like it !

Tomorrow, if I can, will be some chemical stuff

Making some resin parts for my Lightning project !

Thank for looking

Take care and have a very nice modelling day !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello dears,

Some news of my Fockery :rofl:

Now I think that everyone of you know the paint scheme.

WP_20170708_23_25_49_Pro

The paint has been hastily applied with brush and rolls on the real thing

At this time of the war, they flew almost all that can fly, it is not a factory fresh 190, but a not finished yet one..

WP_20170708_23_25_44_Pro

And I smuggled another entry to my NiFi collection...

This one,

WP_20170708_23_54_57_Pro

Okay Gents,

Thank for watching and have a nice modelling Sunday.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

Lemmy's Focke is going ahead !

WP_20170711_23_07_55_Pro

Will finish the green, then fade a bit the brush strokes, but they must stay visible.

I'll replace the barrel of the wing cannon, I've fixed the car of a nurse....

Obviously, asked her for syringe needles and I choosed different diameter...

At first, they look with a very suspicious mind, "What are you going to do with it":rofl:

The 3 other Focke are in idle...

More to come soon.

Have a very nice modelling day.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 3

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, corsaircorp said:

Acoustic insulation for the heavy metal wich is not, by no means the cup of tea of Mrs Corsaircorp !:penguin:

:blink2: Wow... Me likes! And what is all this Heavy Metal played through that acoustic insulation was ever needed? Are you or your daughter a Metalhead? What sort of Metal?

Cheers,

Unc2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2: Wow... Me likes! And what is all this Heavy Metal played through that acoustic insulation was ever needed? Are you or your daughter a Metalhead? What sort of Metal?

Cheers,

Unc2

Hello Uncle,

Almost all, black, stoner, death, heavy, our favourites are Rammstein, Metallica, and so on

Thank for the kind words.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gents,

In working on my Würger, I broked a gun, so I decide to replkace it with a syringe needle...

WP_20170809_23_19_35_Pro

:yahoo: Look way better IMHO ! Now I must change the other one ! :wicked:

See you later,

Thank for watching !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

Looking good CC; the hypodermic needle looks far better than the original plastic pieces.

I enjoyed the museum pictures earlier (I'm out of 'likes').

I think it was in TheBaron's Fairchild thread that I put some photographs of an unrestored Bf-109 G-6 that is here in  Canberra. It is at the Australian War Memorial. 

I was reassured by the colours of repair and exposed panels on it; they show that RLM02 is really not much of a grey, it is more beige. Also that the panel lines we see on our models are quite ridiculous; it's a very smooth and aerodynamic airframe.

A kit I have that looks most like the skin/surface  of the real thing is, for example the old Heller Bf 109 K (after a couple of coats of paint).

The RLM04 on your museum exhibit looks like the colour here on the Bf 109 (16,000km away). It's not a lemon or mustard yellow; it has just a little warmth to it. Merest hint of orange.

Its clear from just that machine here, that many late WWII Luftwaffe fighters were 'crisis' messy. often improvised. It's very obvious how they were struggling for all kinds of supplies.

Your FW 190 shows this well. Panels left in undercoat, improvised camouflage. Lemmy would like it :thumbsup2: 

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/08/2017 at 03:24, TonyTiger66 said:

Looking good CC; the hypodermic needle looks far better than the original plastic pieces.

I enjoyed the museum pictures earlier (I'm out of 'likes').

I think it was in TheBaron's Fairchild thread that I put some photographs of an unrestored Bf-109 G-6 that is here in  Canberra. It is at the Australian War Memorial. 

I was reassured by the colours of repair and exposed panels on it; they show that RLM02 is really not much of a grey, it is more beige. Also that the panel lines we see on our models are quite ridiculous; it's a very smooth and aerodynamic airframe.

A kit I have that looks most like the skin/surface  of the real thing is, for example the old Heller Bf 109 K (after a couple of coats of paint).

The RLM04 on your museum exhibit looks like the colour here on the Bf 109 (16,000km away). It's not a lemon or mustard yellow; it has just a little warmth to it. Merest hint of orange.

Its clear from just that machine here, that many late WWII Luftwaffe fighters were 'crisis' messy. often improvised. It's very obvious how they were struggling for all kinds of supplies.

Your FW 190 shows this well. Panels left in undercoat, improvised camouflage. Lemmy would like it :thumbsup2: 

Best regards

TonyT

Hello TT,

Thank you,

Yes, I saw and really appreciated your photographs

I will share more in the future, since I have almost 10 years of rambling from museums to airshows

Accumulating almost some 3000 slides of any kind !

As I also receive some testimonies, I'm sure that the time being was a complete mess.

Germans did with what was at hand, no more prussian discipline at the time exepted in some area....

I saw a movie from 1945, German troops surrendering, it is incredible ! They still have a lot of stuff !

and a funny collection of uniforms, but when one look at their faces, you can see what despair and torn will mean.

So I stop right now with that consideration, how did you call it, flatulence of brain or so ??:nerd:

thank you all !

Lemmy and his hologram, yes they did it !

Did you have heard "Enter Sandman" by Motorhead ?? Try it please, one of the last lemmy's recording ! 

see you tomorrow, today I'm burned out !

Sincerely and many thanks my friend !

Corsaircorp

• Like 2

9 hours ago, James B said:

A bit late arriving here, sorry. A really great job so far, I'm learning a lot, and not just about building a 109! 

How did you achieve such a perfect spiral on the nose, if I may ask?

Hello James,

Thank for the kind words

I owe to the Truth to say that it is the decal, applied with the help of micro sol and set

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dears,

Will be in RFI soon ! so the 190 or the Mk IX, don't know !

Depend on the way things will unfold !

WP_20170902_23_29_08_Pro

That will be a special 190 for sure.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...