Revell f4j Phantom 1/72.

stevej60

Hi folks I know this kit is now released in Jolly Rodger's colour's sorry if I have missed a previous discussion but what are the kit's origins?

I guess at £13:99 not a new tool.

8 hours ago, ocatlub said:

Monogram, excellent kit for the time and still not bad now if you can look past the raised panel lines.   

Many thanks could be worth a look always a big Monogram fan.

It was good enough for Accurate Miniatures.  :coolio:   I've got a pair (no box or decals) that I snagged off eBay a few weeks ago.  Aside from the raised panel lines, you really wouldn't guess that the kit is based off a 1985 tooling.  Still a very nice kit at that price point.  I was more impressed with those kits than I was with the 1/48 Tamiya F-15C I picked up.  Admittedly, I my expectations probably weren't as high due to the Tamiya hype & premium price point.  But fact of the matter is I'm looking forward to building them, and they are in the que far higher than the poor F-15C.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1013761-revell-03941-f-4j-phantom-us-navy

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

Looking at the scalemates timeline it's very misleading as this kit has no relationship to the Revell one shown I built the US and Royal

navy Phantoms a while ago from original 70's boxings they are really poor in comparison to the Monogram kit now re-released Looks

for the price a good move by Revell and I can see one in my future:lol:

Built both the J and the C/D in '85, brand new kits then, impressive pits! Picture of that 1980 Diamondbacks F-4B boxart almost brought a nostalgic tear to my eye, but can't say a word of the actual kit, maybe best forgotten? This "J" re-release is most wanted, and might lead to a purchase too...