Airfix Grumman F4F-4 Wildcat 1/72

Hi folks,

Hope everyone has had a good Christmas and that Santa brought you all some nice goodies.  I must have been very good as I was delivered the massive box of plastic that is the new Airfix Victor from my fair lady who I think has given up trying to reason with me over the number of kits I have :P

Anyway as promised I said I would post my completed Wildcat on here for you.  Box art below:

Wildcat_zps9gczudvx.jpg

This is my last kit for 2016 but I have plenty more in the pipeline for 2017 including (hopefully) the Airfix Victor which I think will take me ages.  This kit was absolutely fantastic and I cannot fault anything about it.  It was built completely OOB with only the addition of the aerial wires.  I decided to pop the pilot in this one too so hopefully you'll spot him in the pics below.  So if anyone has this kit still in their stash, I guarantee you'll enjoy it.  As always, please find pics below and your feedback is always very welcome.

Oh, also before I go, Happy New Year for 2017 to all my like minded modellers and I wish you well for the year ahead :cheers:

DSC00240_zpsin7of3sh.jpg

DSC00241_zpslh82gvfh.jpg

DSC00242_zpsjlzdbnvf.jpg

DSC00243_zpspxu9bsdq.jpg

DSC00244_zpswxqxr8ch.jpg

DSC00245_zpsvm5vip4q.jpg

DSC00246_zps8mxpugnn.jpg

DSC00247_zpsd4srt9dj.jpg

DSC00248_zpsv6rokfll.jpg

DSC00249_zpsezxyinxg.jpg

DSC00250_zpsklcus7gu.jpg

DSC00251_zpsoofcxpoh.jpg

DSC00254_zps020eoij5.jpg

• Like 26

Thanks Simon - I really appreciate that - as I've said though, Airfix need to take the credit really as the kit is superb to begin with - probably my favourite of the new tool airfix kits after the defiant (I'm too biased over the Defiant for anything to better it) lol.

Kris

Nice build and the weathering looks good.  I have one half built on the bench and one in the stash.  Only thing I don't like is assembling the undercart.  It works fine with all the parts interlocked but the journey there has I feel too much risk of breaking something.

• Like 1

Super model Wildcat!

Glad to hear this a great kit as I have this one as a Christmas present from my youngest son and will be starting shortly.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1