The MTO GB II Chat

Good morning

Just to point out that this Gb is 9th tied with Maritime and CC GB with 60 votes , we have just a few hours left to make the difference  so please vote and tell the Brittmodellers around you to vote for the MTO II GB ..

Patrice

Now have the kit and decals to do one of the Hawker Hurricanes funded by Lady MacRobert that fought in North Africa and fully intend to do it next year as a matter of some urgency. If you all wish to know the reasons for this urgency and join in working on any of the many other interesting subjects that served with this theater of war please vote for this GB :pray: 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I am already planning my build(s) ..

Likewise. In my case, the Sword P-40K "2 in 1" kit with markings for "Stocky" Edwards' aircraft assembled from generic Xtradecal sheets and a 57th FG USAAF machine from the DP Casper "Forgotten Operations" sheet for Operation Flax.

If I finish those with time to spare, I might have a go at the Bf.109F I meant to build in this year's Bf.109 STGB that I didn't have time to participate in, and/or an MC.202.

• Like 2

Woo! :rofl:

No planes this time, we tried that and failed miserably. This time, it's tanks! Tiger 131 for me, the good old Tamiya version methinks. If I get it done quickly enough then I have a Panzer III H lurking under my desk that will get attacked too.

At least this time I'll know the paint will do what I want it to, instead of that last debacle... 

• Like 2

On 01/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, NotDaMama said:

Woo! :rofl:

No planes this time, we tried that and failed miserably. This time, it's tanks! Tiger 131 for me, the good old Tamiya version methinks. If I get it done quickly enough then I have a Panzer III H lurking under my desk that will get attacked too.

At least this time I'll know the paint will do what I want it to, instead of that last debacle... 

I know that feeling very well, I feel your pain I have a Frightning fron the Blitzbuild GB that was still tacky after a year. Since moving to Sovereign's enamel I've had NO issues at all.

EDIT: I gratitude for Enzo's magnificent handling of the Poll I suggest we nominate him as Patrician Lord Enzo.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just finished reading SAS ghost patrol, a book about the LRDG and an outfit called the SIG. It was about the raid on Tobruk, so staying with my  desert theme builds. I will be doing a Tamyia cheviot with some other bits.

• Like 3

I'm stash raiding for this one(stash?=half dozen kit's) Airfix's Heinkel 111 H6 fortunately has a North african scheme,I have a Vista Fulmar

too which would be anice addition to in Torch marking's.

• Like 2

Anyone brave enough to tackle an me323 ? Plenty of these saw action trying to keep Rommel supplied.

And before you ask, I have already got my Build lined up, which is the finish my French flying boat from the original MTO GB

IMG_3059

IMG_3060

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Pat, that's a good idea. And got me thinking about this:

"The usual 25% rule is in effect, EXCEPT regarding builds started but unfinished/stalled in the original MTO GB".

Although I don't know if any such builds exist... But, if a build has a build thread started "back then", it's eligible :yahoo:.

Best regards, V-P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Thanks Pat, that's a good idea. And got me thinking about this:

"The usual 25% rule is in effect, EXCEPT regarding builds started but unfinished/stalled in the original MTO GB".

Although I don't know if any such builds exist... But, if a build has a build thread started "back then", it's eligible :yahoo:.

Best regards, V-P

Hi V-P

I will attach the original build thread when we start but, it's got photobucket issues, so will need to be converted to Flickr for the pictures.

From memory there was a few stalled builds in original MTO GB, perhaps our host is reminding them as we speak to bring them back in this GB. For example we had the "Anson in an Armani suit" better known as the Caproni Ca314. Great looking aircraft but struth that's a lot of glazing to mask up :frantic:

cheers Pat

Nah, we don't need to be that official... Though a link is a nice bonus. I'm very much picless  myself regarding my older build threads. I'm afraid / I hope :thumbsup: that most of the non-finishers are actually finished by now anyway.

V-P

While I wasn't one of the original supporters of this GB, I will sure take part. As I did in the original MTO GB, I'll build something Italian, yet to decide if a G.50, an MC.200 or else. I also have a Caproni Vizzola F.5 in the stash, a type that saw service in small numbers in the defence of Rome, this may be another good and unusual option

• Like 4

I still plan on attempting the P-40 duo for this GB, and I would like to get in the MC.202 as well, but something struck me after my initial knee-jerk "default to aircraft" response: Both of my grandfathers served in Italy during World War II, one in the U.S. Army and one in the Canadian Army. Neither one of them was in a particularly vehicle-centric role (they were an Army Corps of Engineers mapmaker and a film projectionist in the YMCA entertainment division, respectively), but I happen to have Tamiya's 1:35 Willys Jeep and Universal Carrier Mk. II in my stash. I figure those were ubiquitous enough vehicles that their paths must have crossed with my grandfathers' at least a few times...

Edited by Sabre_days
  • Like 2