Typhoon Twin Seat

Andy341

I have been working on this model since July this year following a summer camp at RAF Conningsby.  By chance I photographed BE taxiing out during a heavy downpour.  I was soaked but it was worth it to obtain some excellent photos.  The twin seat interior and cockpit etched sets from Eduard have been used, however I had to trawl the internet to get hold of them.  I found them eventually in the USA and Germany.

IMG_0511_zps933fjy5x.jpg

IMG_0512_zpsuje7iuzo.jpg

IMG_0513_zpsqwuqfjmy.jpg

• Like 9

Nice! I literally just got this kit from santa at the weekend, been debating hunting for Eduard PE since but had no joy so might attempt to do the pit myself for the first time, quite surprised at the lack of decals for it 

Sheepie, I may have a spare set of Eduard twin seat instrument panels and side consoles, as I inadvertently duplicated an order.

5 hours ago, Sheepie said:

Nice! I literally just got this kit from santa at the weekend, been debating hunting for Eduard PE since but had no joy so might attempt to do the pit myself for the first time, quite surprised at the lack of decals for it 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 0:45 AM, Andy341 said:

Sheepie, I may have a spare set of Eduard twin seat instrument panels and side consoles, as I inadvertently duplicated an order.

Wish I saw this sooner! I ordered x2 Single Seater sets instead for the pit, seem to be good enough! The Instrument panel requires the patience of a saint doesn't it

Hi Sheepie,

Yes, you do need the patience of a saint for the instrument panels.  Despite the parts being self adhesive I had to use super glue, applied with a cocktail stick, to ensure the panels stayed in place.

The main difference between the front and rear cockpits is that there are less switches for the back seater to play around with on the right hand side console.  I hope this close up of my two seater shows what I am trying to convey.

IMG_0514_zpsbipczudh.jpg

• Like 1

This thread is definitely helping me as a reference, I've got a long way to go before I get anywhere near where you're at though!

84C11E46-B24B-4717-AD4A-FBB34A4324BF_zps

Bracing for a night of filling gaps, there's a lot of them...

Hi Sheepie,

Yes, you do need the patience of a saint for the instrument panels.  Despite the parts being self adhesive I had to use super glue, applied with a cocktail stick, to ensure the panels stayed in place.

The main difference between the front and rear cockpits is that there are less switches for the back seater to play around with on the right hand side console.  I hope this close up of my two seater shows what I am trying to convey.

IMG_0514_zpsbipczudh.jpg

Hi Sheepie,

Yep, the one downside of this kit is the huge gaps at the wing roots, plenty of patience required and a good helping of something from a distillery north of the border.

When I return to work next week, or sooner if teenage son will can assist, I will upload a series of photos that will offer a up close and personal walk round of a Typhoon single seater, showing detail that is still relevant for the two seat version.  They were taken by accident in a hanger on my camera.

It won't be possible to put them all on as there are over 250 photos taken over the week.  However, I will post photos of ZJ806 'BE' taxiing out on a sortie, in the middle of the worst downpour you can imagine.

Hope these will help

Kind regards

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sheepie et al,

Please find below some photos of Typhoons on the flight line.  These are mainly single single Typhoons, however apart from the extra seat, spine, and canopy they are externally the same.

Please note that the HUD only glows green when aircraft is powered up.

DSCN4815_zpsm6xw4z0t.jpg

DSCN4836_zpsovp5ctom.jpg

ZK315 in 41 Squadron anniversary colour scheme - this is an upcoming project of mine to accompany ZJ806

DSCN4866_zpstthulfal.jpg

DSCN4856_zpstq3uxhg1.jpg

• Like 1

Great photos! Any chance you can show the main landing gear of your bird? I'm a little confused by the manual of how they're supposed to sit properly.

I'm still well behind on the build and the the grey looks far darker in the photo than it actually is, but really enjoying the kit!

F3E617EF-FC1D-45DA-A745-22D79F3D4757_zps

Hi Sheepie,

I will gladly post a photo of the undercarriage, although it will be tomorrow to get it in the best light.  The best way to describe the main undercarriage is that they lean inwards, however a photo is worth a thousand words.  More photos of the real thing will follow tomorrow.  So, please, stay tuned!

Hi Sheepie,

As promised here are four photos of the undercarriage position for the Typhoon.  I am currently working on uploading some up close and personal Typhoon photos that will also assist you.  These will be done later this afternoon.  In the meantime...

IMG_0577_zpsvgrwuvwp.jpg

IMG_0578_zpszs9cu49b.jpg

IMG_0579_zpsqf7dvyrb.jpg

IMG_0581_zpsg29fqgv8.jpg

Hi Sheepie,

As promised here are four photos of the undercarriage position for the Typhoon.  I am currently working on uploading some up close and personal Typhoon photos that will also assist you.  These will be done later this afternoon.  In the meantime...

IMG_0577_zpsvgrwuvwp.jpg

IMG_0578_zpszs9cu49b.jpg

IMG_0579_zpsqf7dvyrb.jpg

IMG_0581_zpsg29fqgv8.jpg

Hi Sheepie,

Here are some detail photos along with some general ones, including BE in the pouring rain on the taxiway.  I have also attached some photos of the undercarriage up close for you.  

Regards 

Andy

BE basking in the British summer!

RSCN5449_zpsp5e23vjo.jpg

The flight line 

DSCN4831_zpsfiv9wzgd.jpg

The flight line again

DSCN4832_zpsmnrnr2i0.jpg

How the main undercarriage sits.

DSCN4750_zpsdixa6yod.jpg

Starboard main undercarriage, looking rear to nose of aircraft.

DSCN4746_zpshybhlrnl.jpg

Starboard wing tip

DSCN4744_zps366yo0jt.jpg

Looking to the rear of the Typhoon, showing the starboard undercarriage.

DSCN4742_zpsbndllevd.jpg

Looking from the nose to the rear of the Typhoon.

DSCN4740_zpspuz05bgz.jpg