Another Samba bus.

stevej60

Hi folk,s I asked for this kit for Christmas and here it is,I 've seen a couple built here and one on the go at the moment will be a good reference

for the build,I love the vehicles here on the forum but build mainly aircraft even the Beetle I built last year was an army version so I thought it  

time to boost number of vehicle builder's here by one.I love the fact that you can paint a subject to your own scheme and no one get's on your  

your case now decided on a 70's green,Here's the content's.

DSCN4337_zpsussca3it.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, F1 Insider said:

Part way through mine. Just approaching painting the "oily bits".  Looking forward to seeing what you do.

All the best.

Yes I,m tagging along with your build,I,m going for pale green with similar interior colour's I've seen on a real vehicle, Like your's I love

the retro colour's I'm not detailing the engine as it's getting closed up.

Edited by stevej60

Hi folk's got a start with this project,as she will be up in the North east of England and near the sea of course the underneath

would have to be "Zebart" treated,and the aircraft modeller in me couldn't resist a wash into the recessed detail.

DSCN4341_zpswxly3nmb.jpg

I also cleaned up the seating and fittings and assembled them for a dry run.next job will be painting the van floor.

DSCN4342_zpsghiddr15.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Steve.

No real problems with the kit. The tyres can be a funny fit. It's better than the big one.

Go on ..... you know you want to pimp it !!! :)

Dick

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jenko said:

Looking good Steve.

No real problems with the kit. The tyres can be a funny fit. It's better than the big one.

Go on ..... you know you want to pimp it !!! :)

Dick

Maybe the next one Dick!

I meant to buy a pale civilised green honest but found myself with a can of Humbrol lime green gloss,with the sky green seating

I promise it will look fine with the white interior and door card's matching the seats.:(

DSCN4353_zpsfnxiulmf.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

I'm liking that a lot Steve.:clap2:

If we carry on like this I can see a group build in the offering :winkgrin:

Dick

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jenko said:

I'm liking that a lot Steve.:clap2:

If we carry on like this I can see a group build in the offering :winkgrin:

Dick

Thank's Dick,not sure about how a single type would fare in a poll but looking back at past GB's Vehicle builder's do seem a bit let down

compared to other's and looking at the number of WIP's  here there's never been so many on site.

14 minutes ago, Chimpion said:

Well I have the Jägermeister van in the stash so would be up for an STGB.

I,d be happy to "pimp" up a panel van!

2 hours ago, mbdesignart said:

Would I be correct in thinking the engine is only the bottom half? Progressing well and I agree as to painting it the colour you want.

I'm thinking about doing the Type 1 van but couldn't commit to a build deadline.

There is the rear half of the engine supplied up to the bulkhead which I've seen wired up on a couple of builds and it looks great

I am closing up the engine compartment so didn't bother with the parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's,well bad weather and the need to spray outside has taken it's toll so far but just managed to nip out and after

cleaning up the small amount of flash on the bodywork have her primed so hopefully I can get the bodywork exterior done.

DSCN4435_zpsohzr3twx.jpg

Morning folk's well three coats of green probably another couple of light coats should be done but I want to give on ares on the 

largest piece a gentle sand so a day or two to dry is in order.

DSCN4476_zpso2lhlnx4.jpg

• Like 4

Now that is bright B)

Very 1970's. Remember the orange that was also available at the time??

Looking good.

Cheers

Dick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folk's I've left this for a good couple of weeks to let the paint dry thoroughly and now starting the process of building

the bodywork around the chassis/cabin,I'm brush painting the white gloss upper body and have sprayed the roof with

halford's white.

DSCN4549_zpshfpjs077.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2