General Lee 1/25 AMT

Merry Boxing day to you all,

I finished this build quite some time ago and forgot to post a RFI, I got a new camera for Christmas so decided to try to get some half decent pics of the General! So after some heavy modification and lots of home made decals we have this, I am quite pleased with how it turned out considering what a dog of a kit it is.

General Lee WIP

AMT 1/25 General Lee

AMT 1/25 General Lee

AMT 1/25 General Lee

AMT 1/25 General Lee

AMT 1/25 General Lee

AMT 1/25 General Lee

Best Christmas wishes to you all.

Andy.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy
re-upload pictures
  • Like 24

Very nice work on the finish, particularly the dust and dents ... very appropriate. I am curious though. Did the original kit come with the 426 Hemi engine ? The valve covers sort of look like it. The build is outstanding. Thanks for posting.               Bob H.

2 hours ago, Bob Henry said:

Very nice work on the finish, particularly the dust and dents ... very appropriate. I am curious though. Did the original kit come with the 426 Hemi engine ? The valve covers sort of look like it. The build is outstanding. Thanks for posting.               Bob H.

Hi Bob,

Glad you like it, the 'dents' were actually sink marks in the plastic that I left to look like dent's, cunning eh? :) on the engine, I haven't got a clue what it's supposed to be I do know it's a HEMI in real life though, I just detailed it with some Mopar decals I made and some tubes and doohdads just to busy it up a bit.

Cheers,

Andy.

Very nice build.

Regarding the engine. It looks like a hemi but it has the air cleaner from the wedge engine, notably the 440 magnum lol. And it should be orange not red but tbf most of the time the bonnet will be closed so no one will notice lol.

Ashley

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Billydick said:

Really nice Andy - Beautifully weathered ! :goodjob:

BillyD

Just waiting for a dio with Roscos (Sheriff P Coltrane,wish i could put his laugh on here) Monaco in Hazzard pond with the Duke boys laughing their heads off lol...

Edited by Vince1159
  • Like 1

Excellent build, thanks for sharing, perfect recreation 

Did an MPC one years ago which didn't have the 'tunnel back', must get another one of the newer versions

Given the 220+ chargers the Internet says they got through making the series and the pictures of different specs and tones of orange paint on the 'used' ones I don't think anyone can claim a model General is accurate or otherwise anyway  !

12 hours ago, cjhm said:

Did an MPC one years ago which didn't have the 'tunnel back', must get another one of the newer versions

Given the 220+ chargers the Internet says they got through making the series and the pictures of different specs and tones of orange paint on the 'used' ones I don't think anyone can claim a model General is accurate or otherwise anyway  !

Hello and Happy new year to you,

I'm glad you like the build, this is that very same kit with the wrong rear window, if you look at the WIP (link at the top of page) you can see how I corrected it :) I had never attempted any 'scratch building' up till this point and I'd never attempted weathering to this extent before either, so I'm quite chuffed with how it has turned out! thank you for commenting.

Cheers,

Andy.

On 01/01/2017 at 11:57 AM, ElectricLightAndy said:

Hello and Happy new year to you,

I'm glad you like the build, this is that very same kit with the wrong rear window, if you look at the WIP (link at the top of page) you can see how I corrected it :) I had never attempted any 'scratch building' up till this point and I'd never attempted weathering to this extent before either, so I'm quite chuffed with how it has turned out! thank you for commenting.

Cheers,

Andy.

Aha, missed link first time, great work

• Like 1

I built one of these a long long LONG time ago. built it as a police car IIRC (oh the irony). You've certainly done well considering how rough the kit is.

The engine is indeed a hemi, I'm guessing it was inherited from the original MPC lineup.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice build. Thanks for showing us the model. I have the newer snap kit version without engine. The dear little snowflakes here in the US are so offended by the roof graphic, even the model companies have taken it off the pics on the box. It's in the box but does not show the flag in box art.

• Like 1