Coastal Command Halifax GR.II HR686 - Revell / Aeroclub / Freightdog

woody37

21 hours ago, woody37 said:

Hi mate,

Thanks. Hoping to see some progress on your Lanc B.II, never mind that Russian stuff!

Yes, hoping to get to Bolton although not displaying. It's not too far from here, so will be rude not to go as I've never been before.

Cheers

Will be getting on that after Bolton, building another V-1 for Bolton so not touching anything else at the moment. It's not far off some paint now though! :) See you Sunday, I'll have my purple '580 Modellers - Radders' top on ;) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radleigh said:

Will be getting on that after Bolton, building another V-1 for Bolton so not touching anything else at the moment. It's not far off some paint now though! :) See you Sunday, I'll have my purple '580 Modellers - Radders' top on ;) 

I wasn't aware it was this Sunday, but that's perfect. I've gone onto shifts this month for 6 months doing a secondment and on nights this week. On afternoons next week so I get a long weekend in between. See you there mate :)

thanks for the kind comments guys. I need to scratch build the bomb bay tanks and add a few more sticky out pieces and then it's done. Quickest I've finished a build in a few years!

cheers

neil 

• Like 1

Beautiful job as usual, Neil! However there was a phrase from your post - 'finished a build'. What an odd expression. I'm certain I've never used that expression, at least not in a while. 'Finished a build'; perhaps I can use that this year to describe my Lancaster GR.3. Perhaps.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Exceedingly minor correction.
  • Like 2

On 16/01/2017 at 7:46 PM, Learstang said:

Beautiful job as usual, Neil! However there was a phrase from your post - 'finished a build'. What an odd expression. I'm certain I've never used that expression, at least not in a while. 'Finished a build'; perhaps I can use that this year to describe my Lancaster GR.3. Perhaps.

Best Regards,

Jason

Ha ha, I was expecting to see you up to your ears in Avro parts in the KUTA group build but you've let me down again :rofl:

its still january, so you can there's time to make some new year resolutions!

cheers

Neil

• Like 1

Well it's not a Lanc, but it is part of the Lancaster family - I've retrieved my Airfix Shackleton to do some more work on. I've actually gotten quite a bit of work done on it - the wings, outer nacelles, bits of the interior all glued together and even some painting done (right now I'm painting the 700 or so propeller blades). However, in which century this rather large model will be finished is anybody's guess. To say that I work at a glacial pace is underestimating the rate at which glaciers move (I should know, being a geologist by education).

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

I have just done a quick Google and found the same picture of tanks in situ that you did and also a couple more of tanks in Mosquito and Lancaster which do have brick red painted surfaces

The one you did shows a fairly light tone too, maybe he's right

But that doesn't mean they were all red

I don't think I'd change them because the tanks in the Lancaster picture have many more straps than the Hallibag ones so they are obviously different units

Tell you what though, it looks magnificent with the bays open and the tanks up in there

I love it

• Like 2

Cheers guys. I'm going to leave them as is Bill. They should pop out easy enough if I need to change them. It's all done so I'll get some daylight photos done tomorrow morning. Off to the Bolton show now. Sleep pattern is all over the place this weekend due to my first night shift in 20 years last week!

• Like 2

Excellent finish Neil, congratulations, I've really enjoyed your build. How was the Bolton show and was Tony O'Toole there? My email is down at present, so have no outgoing comms!!!

• Like 1

Thanks,  Neil, for sharing this build ...  the end product looks really good.

Thanks too  (and to Colin) for news about Tony OT ... I thought he'd been unusually quiet lately and guessed he might have been having his back seen to.  I don't like bombarding folk wth "are you all right???" messages so I'm pleased to have some sort of confirmation.

The Haifax really does look good ... and frankly so do the tanks you've built and added, which really add to the overall effect. Great!

Jonny

• Like 1