1/72 - Tupolev Tu-128M "Fiddler" & UT "Pelican" by Trumpeter - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...

These could look so cool next to 1/72 Lockheed Blackbirds. I wonder if Trumpy will take on the YF-12A, another giant interceptor in the hundred footer category.

And throw in a new tool B-58 modded to Snoopy, which had an elongated nose to test the radar, IRSTS and AIM-47 missiles destined for the 93 ADC F-12B Blackbirds (that were cancelled around 1968). 

Then add a trials Tu-22 interceptor (too difficult to fly).

Then scale the lot up to 1/48 and add a Vulcan and Victor. The mind boggles. 

Well, you can dream can't you?(!) 

Tony

• Like 1

Lovely artwork, captures the sleek lines of the aircraft very well...(hopefully, they'll add the 'u' in Tu before release). Great to see the 'Pelican' in mainstream plastic, something I never thought we'd see. The nose section is a complex shape, Amodel did a good job, so here's hoping that Trumpy got it right too.

47 minutes ago, John R said:

Excuse me if I have been unobservant but has the Tu 128M reached the shops yet and has anybody built one?

John

Not yet.

Trumpeter announces actual release on its website, updated around the end of each month...

http://www.trumpeter-china.com/index.php?g=home&m=article&a=show&id=127&l=en

Looking forward to seeing them.

Tony

On 11/3/2018 at 1:14 PM, general melchett said:

Lovely artwork, captures the sleek lines of the aircraft very well...(hopefully, they'll add the 'u' in Tu before release). Great to see the 'Pelican' in mainstream plastic, something I never thought we'd see. The nose section is a complex shape, Amodel did a good job, so here's hoping that Trumpy got it right too.

dear General Melchett...i am responsible with this artwork too...and thank you for the nice comments!! Have a nice day!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Pin said:

It is too early to judge (especially by vague, distorted photos) but probably it is not a good idea to send your AModel abomination to the bin. 

1537123282_128-3.jpg

I have no concern on the wing sweep. I believe the side/top/bottom views of the painting/decaling leaflet is made using the CAD model and the wing sweep looks ok. Trumpyboss designers has problems in the past with fuselage cross-section or airfoil evolution in the past... too early to discuss these.

How many Tu-128Ms used the Tu-128 fin ?

Edited by Laurent