Spitfire Mk.IXe, Eduard 1/72

Hi all, the last one for 2016. It is the Eduard’s 1/72 Spitfire Mk.IXe with Eduard bronze legs/resin UC covers, the resin upper cowl, exhausts, wheels and the tailwheel. I have also used the Master barrels as they look definitely better than the kit ones. Tamiya acrylics as usual, Clear Aqua Gloss and Pactra matt varnish. Decals are from the "Quattro Combo" boxing: A Spitfire flown by Jean-Marie Accart, CO of No. 345 Squadron RAF - GC II/2 "Berry."

acc_uppstbd_zpscwjm4tmi.jpg

acc_bott_zps5pdfxowv.jpg

acc_upper_zps8garrfao.jpg

acc_rearport_zpsaetc6hwc.jpg

acc_stbd_zps50kqtfqx.jpg

• Like 32

Fantastic job Marcel. Good to see a Free French scheme too.

I've got one of these on order. Can I ask what the problem with the cowl is, that necessitates a resin replacement? More accurate outline?

Thank you very much for your kind words guys! Ian: there is no problem with the kit cowl, I built my first Spitfire using the kit 2-part cowl. But filling and sanding of the joint was quite time consuming and I lost a lot of details. And as there was the "Black Friday" discount at Eduard I bought some goodies for my next Spitfire(s). Just don’t tell my wife please. 

• Like 1

Beautifully crisp build and I like the restrained weathering!

For my personal taste, the panel lines on the rear fuselage and especially the fin look too stark, creating a rather uncharacteristic patchwork effect. But, de gustibus non est disputandum. ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

• 4 months later...