First model - another X-Wing

My first model in 20 odd years - back then I built a few models cars so this is my first effort based on what you can learn on the inter webs - C&C welcome.

I'm not sure I've posted the images (from Imgur) correctly -I'm wondering if I should be doing something to restrict the size of the image- please let me know if it looks ok - cheers.

thjQGVI.jpg 

Pilot's a bit high in the cockpit, R2-D2is too low...

2MgKGBB.jpg

m2qIALN.jpg

QHtyL6j.jpg

Panel lines are a bit too heavy.

NIwsnFB.png

Can clearly see the pilot is too high here - I have no idea how this happened grrrrr...

8BTDecx.jpg

A shot that makes my modelling look better than it is...

0IK0GZv.jpg

Weathering is not really subtle enough but I was reasonably happy with the effect and I think I can improve on it in future

XGMwYmG.jpg

Helmet decals were a pain - even with some Mr Softener - they moved, they crumpled, I was just happy in the end that I hadn't destroyed them.

jNO4hxv.jpg

The final result, better than I had expected, not as good as I had hoped. I think I've learned enough that I'll improve second time around and I really did enjoy the build process.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by BrotherMole
  • Like 7

Mole, you sound just like me, I've returned after an even longer break and am struggling with weathering but learning a lot from every single build thread I read. 

I think it looks great, I especially like your little R2.  The weathering you have done gives this x-wing a real used and abused look. 

This is in my list of probable future builds so thanks for the warning about the helmet decals!

• Like 1