2016 slightly better than last year

Bengalensis

2016 has been yet another year of not much modelling and very little forum activity I'm afraid. But I can at least partly blame this 1/1 scale project which I have completely rebuilt and upgraded, except the engine core (already done) and the empty body shell. This occupied most of the first half of the year;

Lotus_S2R_200.jpg

Lotus_S2R_201.jpg

Early in the summer sadly my father in law passed away, and as we went through some photo albums in the aftermath we found a nice picture of him from 1968, posing in a new VW T2 van he was driving for a living back then. I felt I had to build that model right away, and it was completed in less than two weeks. The base is a Welly 1/24 diecast windowed bus that I cleaned up and modified, fitted Gunze wheels, my own decals and a figure I resculpted from some different pieces. He actually came out quite portrait like. RIP old man, you always did well.

VWT2_100.jpg

Then time came to once and for all finish off a project that has been going on and off (very much off actually) for about six years; Airfix 1/144 Vasa. There wasn't that much left to do, so not much credit can be taken for 2016 on this one, but at least it was finished during the year. WIP - RFI

Vasa_102.jpg

Vasa_101.jpg

Next was this 1/72 Caudron C.448 Goeland from the 1936 Paris-Saigon race. RS Models kit with decals from both LF Models and Renaissance and some resin from LF as well. WIP - RFI

C448_102.jpg

C448_106.jpg

The last I can find that I completed this year would be these two Heller 1/16 Citroen DS19s. I started them in February, but got most of them done only much later in the year. WIP

DS19_100.jpg

DS19_101.jpg

And that's all there was for 2016 for me, apart from some started but still not finished projects, maybe for next year.

May I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

• Like 15

Those DSs  look great. Wish I'd had that photo of the Lotus engine bay when I was working on the Tamiya one earlier this year for the Made in GB GB. It's a much clearer picture than any I found. Wish mine had been a 1:1 scale one too!

• Like 1

A vote from me too for the DSs, they look beautiful.

Congratulations on the Europa too - stunning work.  I took delivery of my own 1:1 resto project in Oct ('78 TVR 3000S), but unfortunately I was unable to do much of the work myself - unless signing cheques counts ;)  Roll on the Spring.

Cliff

• Like 1

A small but very high quality output!  Congrats :clap2:

The DSs are very good but my favourite is the Vasa. It was my first kit as a child, but built by my father. At the time, the red areas were blue and the stern castle decorations were all golden :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

You always provide a great mix of variety and quality, these are splendid. The model of your late father-in-law is very characterful, a good way to remember someone.

All the best!

Will

• Like 1