1/72 scale light aircraft

Oliver d

Gremlin did some nice resin Cessna and Piper twins, hard to find though, and aero Subaru a Fuji 200. If your up to older biplanes don't forget all the moths ex Frog , novo etc moths Airfix's new Tiger Moth and the Fox Moth by Aeropoxy in resin.

Cheers Andy

P.S. Aeropoxy do a nice Piper Pawnee and in the older bracket Spartan Cruiser

Edited by AndrewW

On 12/24/2016 at 9:52 PM, Graeme H said:

and the BD5 usually in a boxing with both the prop and Jet versions

Didn't know about that one - I'll have to look for it! Similarly, I forgot about the Pitts Special also available.

6 hours ago, upnorth said:

Lift Here of Serbia has a resin Dornier Do-28 with IDF markings:

https://lifthereserbia.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/lift-here-models-lhm036-do-28b-1-agur/

They also have some other resin kits of types that may interest you but don't come with IDF decal options:

https://lifthereserbia.wordpress.com/

Curious that both LifHere and RugRat have issued resin models of the 310 - you wait years and then two come along at once! Maybe its just me, but nearly £43 plus post for the RugRat version (LiftHere will be about the same I'd guess, if not more) for a very small model puts them both firmly into my 'Na, I'll just buy something else' category, however much I'd like to have one (and I would). Perhaps the perfect kit for the modeller who has everything (else)!

4 hours ago, alancmlaird said:

Curious that both LifHere and RugRat have issued resin models of the 310 - you wait years and then two come along at once! Maybe its just me, but nearly £43 plus post for the RugRat version (LiftHere will be about the same I'd guess, if not more) for a very small model puts them both firmly into my 'Na, I'll just buy something else' category, however much I'd like to have one (and I would). Perhaps the perfect kit for the modeller who has everything (else)!

Having provided much of the data to AIM for their Cessna 310 kit, I can say that it will be worth every Pound/Euro/Dollar as compared to the Lift Here! effort. The price reflects the limited issue/multimedia nature of the kit plus cost of design and materials. It's a fair price. Disclaimer: I derive no income from the sales of this kit, but I am due to receive a sample as compensation for my providing plans, drawings, photos, etc., to AIM.

Edited by Space Ranger
Add disclaimer.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Space Ranger said:

Having provided much of the data to AIM for their Cessna 310 kit, I can say that it will be worth every Pound/Euro/Dollar as compared to the Lift Here! effort. The price reflects the limited issue/multimedia nature of the kit.

That is good to know! Should I come in to a small inheritance from the decease of a distant wealthy relative at sometime, I fully intend to purchase pretty much everything in the RugRat (etc) catalogue. Its the price I have a problem with, not their quality or brave choice of subject. Meanwhile I'll carry on with my kit-bashing at the bargain-basement end of the modelling retail experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 2:08 AM, Jure Miljevic said:

IIRC someone had done resin Socata Trinidad. Cheers

Jure

I have a copy of the Socata TBM 700 made by Dujin.  Really nice kit, quite detailed and pretty straightforward assembly for a resin kit.  I know that they also made a 710 and an 850.  It it possible that they made the Trinidad.  I know they also made a series of Robin kits.

Graham

I went down to the hobby shop yesterday and I noticed a considerable about of GA kits, mostly Minicraft. I didn't take a look at the scale, but it seems from their website that they're 1/48th. http://minicraftmodels.com/collections/private-aviation I know you're looking for 1/72 but I figured I would mention it just the same.

I love the little Airfix Piper Cherokee Arrow. Nice little kit, but pricey second hand. Islander is good too.

I also picked up a Piper Navajo recently, but it is vac form but with injection parts. Looks nice in the packet.

What about the Airfix Chipmunk?

Also, wasn't there a Ceesna 172 on the way? Might not have been 1/72 though..

Best regards;

Steve

4 hours ago, fightersweep said:

I also picked up a Piper Navajo recently, but it is vac form but with injection parts. Looks nice in the packet.

Also, wasn't there a Ceesna 172 on the way? Might not have been 1/72 though..

Who made the Navajo? Where did you obtain it?

Eidai made a Cessna 72 in both landplane and floatplane versions. Not a bad kit; basic but can be built into a very nice model with some refinements.

On 12/26/2016 at 1:49 AM, Oliver d said:

Thanks people ,it helps me ,what I am looking for are civilian light aircraft that the IDF use/used in service Piper cubs,Cessna 182s,Beechcraft bonanzas ,kings Dragon raptide.

I'm surprised no one picked up on this! Airfix/Heller did a lovely 1/72 D.89 Dragon Rapide/Dominie that's available every now and then, so did Tasman.

JAYS Models in NZ now sells the Tasman kit as well as some PE bits: http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=rapide 

Edited by k5054nz

Both PA-31 Navajo and PA 31-350 Navajo Chieftain were made by Broplan (a Polish company IIRC) and they are vacforms with few "injection moulded" parts. I'm not sure if Broplan still produces kits.

Rebell Hobby in Sweden still sells both the Navajo and the Chieftain. Price is 325 Swedish crowns.

Best Regards,

Antti

7 hours ago, Antti_K said:

Both PA-31 Navajo and PA 31-350 Navajo Chieftain were made by Broplan (a Polish company IIRC) and they are vacforms with few "injection moulded" parts. I'm not sure if Broplan still produces kits.

Rebell Hobby in Sweden still sells both the Navajo and the Chieftain. Price is 325 Swedish crowns.

Best Regards,

Antti

That's the one! Broplan. I picked mine up from a shop in Sweden as I couldn't find one here in the UK. Looks like a nice kit in the pack, although where else can you get a 1/72 Navajo from? I'm toying with the idea of building G-NUMA with mine.

Best regards;
Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Where do the nose strakes go? I can't find anything in google image search. There are optional spin strakes on the rear fuselage for which there are patterns on the instruction sheet.

Edit: Now I found photos of the elusive nose strakes. It seems that they're even more optional than the rear fuselage strakes, or they've been removed from many of the preserved airframes in museums. Here's a good example, showing the strake at the bottom of the anti-glare panel:

IMG_8160.JPG

Edited by Jessica

3 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Duplicate post, therefore removed.

I think that those strakes are only on the military Muskrats. Sundowners and Sierras don't appear to have them.

Edited by Jessica
Duplicate post. I don't know why. Grumble.

1 hour ago, Jessica said:

The Aero Modell Musketeer and a bonus Constanza Schweizer 2-33. I need to get some more yellow paint
 resin_kits.jpg
A teaser inside the boxes
 resin_muskrat.jpg
 resin_2-33.jpg

I wonder if this kit could form the basis for a Duchess conversion?

25 minutes ago, Jessica said:

I think that those strakes are only on the military Muskrats. Sundowners and Sierras don't appear to have them.

They were part of the 'Spin Kit' mods that added to our (RCAF) Muskets in the '73 - '74 time frame. I arrived at the base in the middle of this mod. The parts were; the strakes on the upper cowling & fuse, 2 triangles added to the LE of the stabilator at the fuse and the fin under the tail, that at least one instructor used like a tail wheel!?!??? It was damaged so bad it had to be removed and taken to workshops for repair!! You can just see the stabilator strakes in the pic of '238.

I have a couple of these to finish my solo birds, my first solo bird was made from the Piper Cherokee Arrow by Airfix!